The reason this asana is known as the corpse pose because while practising this pose you need to lie down like a dead body. And, this yoga asana is practised at the end of the yoga session to feel relaxed.
Today we will discuss the benefits of savasana benefits and savasana steps.
1. The first step is to lie down on your back (eyes closed) and if you want, you can use a pillow underneath your neck.
2. Then keep your legs distant from each other and loosen up your body and feel relaxed.
3. Keep your arms alongside but at a distance from the rest of the body and make sure that your palms are open.
4. Then, you need to invest your attention in the various body parts one by one while you are relaxing.
5. You can start focusing from the right leg to the left leg and slowly move towards the other body parts.
6. While practising Savasana steps, you need to breathe deeply but gently.
7. Forget about all your worries and problems and just feel free, calm, and relaxed. Also, do not sleep while doing this asana.
8. Then at last, after practising Savasana steps for 10 to 20 minutes, it’s time to move to your right side, hold for some time and then sit up with the help of your right hand.
Benefits of practising Savasana steps every day:
1. This asana is great to repair your cells and tissues, also this asana makes you experience a deep meditative state of rest that helps to reduce stress.
2. Looking for a perfect way to end your yoga session then the Savasana pose is one of the best ways to do so. After practising Savasana steps you will experience rejuvenation, which is good to kick start your day.
3. Savasana benefits people with high blood pressure problems, insomnia, stress and anxiety.
4. People with imbalanced Vata dosha should definitely practise savasana steps because this will help to balance the Vata dosha.
Do not practise savasana if:
If you have an injury in your back or any other back-related problem that can worsen if you lie on your back. Also, if your doctor has advised you to not practise this asana because of some medical condition then you should not practise savasana.