Today we will be sharing one of the best Ayurvedic treatments for cervical spondylosis. These home remedies are super easy and the ingredient that has been used in these home remedies are easily available in every Indian kitchen. So, you do not have to worry about the ingredients.
First of all, we will make you understand what is cervical spondylosis? and what are the causes and symptoms of cervical neck pain.
Cervical Spondylosis mainly affects your disc, joints and bones of the cervical spine. This mainly happens in the old age due to natural tear and wear of your joints and bones.
Cervical spondylosis also happens due to the degenerative changes in the longitudinal ligaments, ligamentum flavum, and facet joints.
Why it causes pain?
It is because of the pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerve roots. When a person ages the cushions (also known as a disc) between the two vertebrae slowly break down and this makes those disc stiff.
When this happens, it results in the growth of a bony structure known as osteophytes and this what put that extra pressure on your spinal cord or spinal nerve roots.
What are the causes of Cervical Spondylosis?
Your neck and backbones are protected with the cartilage and bones and due to regular physical movement they are meant to go through the tear and wear and with age, this leads to cervical spondylosis.
1. Herniated discs problem: In this, the exterior part of your spinal disc lead to bulging, cracks which happens with ageing and this lead to a herniated disc.
2. Stiff Ligaments: Ligaments hold and connect your spinal bones to each other. Ligaments are like cords of tissues which help to support your spinal bones. But when these ligaments become stiff and calcify, over a period of time, this leads to reduced flexibility in your neck.
3. Dehydrated discs: In this condition, there is cushion-like gel between the vertebrae of your spine which sometimes get shrink or dry out. When this happens this leads to sciatica pain.
4. Bone Spurs: This is a condition which results in overgrowth of bone that happens due to the misguided efforts of the body to increase your spine strength. When the bone overgrows this may lead to put pressure on the nerve roots or pinch to delicate areas of your spine which causes pain.
What are the symptoms of cervical?
Muscles weakness is one of the most common symptoms of cervical along with these following symptoms like:
– Pain in the chest area.
– Pain and stiffness in the neck area.
– Feeling difficulty while walking.
– Lack of body balance.
– Loss of bowel control or bladder control.
– Abnormal reflexes.
– Tingling, numbness, sensations, and weakness in the legs, feet, arms and hands.
– Lack of urinary and bowel retention.
8 Home Treatment to cure cervical spondylosis are
1. Castor oil: Take one tablespoon of castor oil before you go to before at night. Do this simple remedy once or twice a week to flush out toxins from your system and to balance the Vata Dosha.
2. Garlic: Take one or two garlic cloves and have it an empty stomach in the morning. You can also use garlic cloves to apply on the affected area, and for this take 2 to 3 garlic cloves and heat these cloves in a pan along with some vegetable oil. Once this mixture is cool then you can use this mixture to apply on the affected area and after this take a warm bath.
3. Turmeric: Turmeric is extremely beneficial for any sort of internal injury or pain. You need to add a tablespoon of turmeric with milk (one glass) and then heat this mixture on a low flame for nearly 5 minutes. Once it is done, let this mixture relax until it is cool down. You can also add some honey in it before drinking.
4. Sesame oil: You need first heat this oil (bearable not too hot) and then directly apply this oil on the affected area to get relief from cervical pain at home.
5. Ginger: This is another simple home remedy to get relief from cervical pain at home. Grate one tablespoon of ginger and add in two cups of water. Boil this mixture for nearly 10 minutes. After this, you need to strain this mixture and add some honey and drink it.
6. Ghee: Ghee helps to nourish the nerves. Ghee also helps to balance the Vata Dosha naturally. Therefore it is good to add ghee to your daily meals.
7. Cayenne Pepper: Take 2 tablespoon of olive oil and add 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper and then apply this mixture directly on the affected area. After applying it, you need to cover the affected area with a cloth. You can leave it as it is for an entire night or for a few hours.
8. Herbal Juices: You can also add juices like aloe vera and amla to increase your immunity naturally.
What the things you need to avoid if you have cervical spondylosis?
– Sleeping at a fixed time and not too late is important and healthy as well.
– Try to avoid sleeping during the daytime.
– Try to not eat foods that can aggravate you Vata Dosha like white flour and semolina.
– Do not lift a heavyweight that put extra pressure on your head or shoulders.
– Do not spend an entire day in air conditioning this may result in dryness in the body. It is important to spend time in a natural environment.
– Try to remember and correct your posture while sitting, standing, and walking.
SureShot Ayurveda provides herbal medicines for cervical spondylosis. These herbal medicines are one of the best Ayurvedic treatments for cervical spondylosis. These herbs do not cause any side-effects and these herbs are 100% natural.
If you are looking for “cervical spondylosis home treatment“, then nothing can beat SureShot Ayurveda’s Herbal medicines.