Uttanpadasana benefits are enormous, but to achieve the benefits of this asana you need to be consistent and discipline to follow Uttanpadasana steps every day.
So, today we will share some of the amazing benefits of practising Uttanpadasana steps every day to be more fit and healthy. Yoga asanas can be extremely good for you if you want to be fit and healthy and want to enhance your overall wellbeing of both mind and body.
Uttanpadasana health benefits include factors that can prevent you from many health problems like constipation, acidity, back pain, increase blood circulation, indigestion. Also help to strengthen thighs, hips, thighs muscles and reproductive organs.
Uttanpadasana is also known as the raised leg pose, and in the Sanskrit language Uttanpadasana word is made of the combination of three words, Uttan means raised, pad means leg and asana means pose.
Before we discuss Uttanpadasana steps and Uttanpadasana health benefits, let’s understand when you should not practise Uttanpadasana steps.
Do Not Practise Uttanpadasana Steps if:
- Do not practise Uttanpadasana steps if you are suffering from abs pain or any serious back injury. Don’t practise Uttanpadasana steps if you recently went go through surgery on your spinal column problem on the lower vertebrae, back and waist.
- Do not practise Uttanpadasana steps, if you are suffering from low blood pressure and high blood pressure. Even if you want to do practise, this asana first you should consult your doctor and then do this asana.
- Do not practise Uttanpadasana steps if you are pregnant, and if you recently delivered a baby, do not practise this asana in the starting a few months, after this consult your doctor and then continue with this asana.
- Do not practise Uttanpadasana steps during your periods.
Uttanpadasana Steps (The Raised Leg Pose):
- First, you need a normal mat or a yoga mat and then lie down on your back. Your breathing should be normal and keep your hands straight on the floor, but palms should face downwards.
- Then, slowly raise your leg to an angle of 45 to 60 degree, and inhale while doing this.
- Make sure your legs are straight, and your upper body is parallel to the floor.
- Try to hold this position until you feel pressure in your abs, for 15 to 20 seconds if possible, and do not overdo in the beginning try to increase this time with consistency and time.
- Breathe out when you want to come back to the starting position, you should relax. Make sure your legs are straight while practising Uttanpadasana steps.
- You can repeat these steps 10 times.
Uttanpadasana Health Benefits
- If you are suffering from an irregular bowel movement, constipation or acidity, Uttanpadasana benefits to treat these health issues. It helps to improve your bowel movement and prevent you from ingestion, acidity, constipation and enhance the process of your digestive system.
- If you are suffering from back pain, you should practise Uttanpadasana steps daily. Also, we will suggest you to first know the cause behind your back pain and consult your doctor because if the back pain is happening due to some serious issue then you should not practise Uttanpadasana steps. However, when you practise Uttanpadasana, this helps to improve spine flexibility and this further help to prevent back pain.
- If you want to strengthen your abdominal muscles or organs, then practising Uttanpadasana steps can be beneficial for you. When you practise Uttanpadasana, this helps to put excess pressure on your abdomen organ, and this produces stress hormones in your abdomen area. When you put pressure in this area, this improves the functioning of your reproductive organs. Therefore, practising Uttanpadasana steps can be beneficial for you.
- When you practise Uttanpadasana, this squeezes the sexual organs and, this helps to get rid of stress hormones. Practising, Uttanpadasana also helps to improve the blood circulation in the area and stimulate that area. This can enhance the function of your sexual performance.
- If you do not have good digestion and your stomach gets upset now and then, practise Uttanpadasana. Uttanpadasana benefits to improve the digestion. If you practise Uttanpadasana every day, this can improve the blood circulation.
- Poor blood flow can invite many health problems, and you will be happy to know that Uttanpadasana benefits to improve blood circulation or say blood flow. This happens when you practise Uttanpadasana steps, lie down on the floor; this asana you put less pressure on your cardiovascular system that promotes blood flow.
- Who does not want to strengthen their things back and hip muscles? But this does not come in handy, you need to practise Uttanpadasana steps every day to achieve strength. Therefore, practise Uttanpadasana every day. Practise this asana regularly without any excuses, and this will definitely help you strengthen your thighs, back and hip muscles.
Always invest your time and energy in the process and be determined to the process, the outcome will naturally come your way. But giving up is not the solution so, keep on practising and do everything that is needed to achieve your goals. Once you become capable enough to achieve that goal, you will get the results.