You Must have heard this before or read somewhere that if your stomach is healthy, then everything goes well. But, sometimes people face issues like stomach heat that can make them sick.
Excess heat in your stomach is not good for your health and therefore today we will discuss some of the natural remedies or tips to reduce stomach heat. This will help you to heal your stomach heat without popping any pills.
These remedies are effective and useful to treat stomach heat so, you do not have to consume allopathic medicines, you can heal at home. However, it is also important that if you are feeling that you are allergic to certain ingredients or things that you might be consuming out of these home remedies; it is better to avoid and better to consult a doctor instead of relying on these home remedies.
Let’s figure out some of the effective home remedies to treat stomach heat.
Causes of Stomach Heat are:
- Excessive stomach acid.
- Consuming spicy food.
- Not sleeping properly.
- Consuming heavy food at night.
- Having medications like antibiotics and painkillers.
- Eating more than necessary.
- Not exercising.
- Consumption of alcohol.
- Unhealthy lifestyle.
- Not eating on time.
Symptoms of Stomach Heat:
- Mouth ulcer.
- Burning sensation in the chest and stomach.
Tips to Treat Stomach Heat:
- Hydration is essential. If you are not drinking enough water on a daily basis, this can increase the chances of stomach heat.
- Turmeric water is also an effective way to reduce stomach heat. You just need to gargle with turmeric water and this will help you reduce stomach heat.
- Having dahi along with your meals and having chhas after finishing your meals is an effective way to treat stomach heat and to improve your digestion.
- Ghee is an amazing source of good fats and this also helps to reduce pitta dosha. Therefore, it is beneficial to have 1 to 2 tablespoons of ghee in your meals daily.
- Having lukewarm lemon water to reduce stomach heat is also an effective method to treat stomach heat.
- You Must have noticed your parents or grandparents having a small piece of jaggery after their meal and drinking water. This is also a good way to maintain your body temperature and to improve the digestion process.
- Coconut water is also a great way to reduce the excess heat in your stomach.
- You can also consume lemon water along with black salt (1-2 pinch of it) to reduce excess heat in your stomach. This home remedy is also helpful in digestion.
- If you consume heavy food at night, change this habit because it is too much of a trauma for your digestive system. Try to eat light meals at night because your digestive Agni is not as active at night compared to the daytime.
- Chewing your food is also an effective way to improve the overall digestion process. Remember, digestion starts in your mouth, and chewing every bite at least 24 times is extremely beneficial to digest your food in a much easier way.
- Do not overeat. You know you have all the talents to do so, but it is not necessary to consume more than your body need, you are just putting an excess load on your digestive system.
- It is advisable to avoid drinking water in between meals. You can sip a few times in case you feel like, but gulping too much water in between your meals is not good. You can have plenty of water throughout the day for hydration.
- You can also consume honey to treat stomach heat problems.
- If it is summer, you can easily get sugarcane juice from anywhere to treat excess stomach heat.
We hope you find the above home remedies useful in case you feel no improvement in your condition after using the above methods. It is better to consult a doctor immediately.