Yoga is one of the best ways to work towards overall wellbeing. And that is why today we will share some of the best yoga asanas for migraine headache.
It is annoying to not able to focus on your work due to various reasons like thoughts, overthinking, stress you have the power to direct your mind from these scenarios but not if the reason is a migraine headache.
The reason we want to discuss a way out from migraine headache because this type of headache is not like a normal headache that goes away with some medications. The migraine pain does not easily subside with some rest or sleep.
The reason it is a good way to practise yoga asanas for migraine because migraine has no cure or cause, this may happen to you due to genetic predisposition. No matter how fit or focused you feel, when migraine headache hits you, it can affect your work and productivity in a bad way.
Some people increase the intake of caffeine and migraine pills to get rid of the unbearable headache. Knowing the fact that this excess consumption can lead to adverse effects on their health in the future, they are stuck in a mess.
And, today we would like to tell you a way our which is one of the best ways to deal with migraine problem and that is practising yoga poses for migraine headache.
Yoga poses do not harm your body or mind in any way, and the result is always and always good, no side-effects, no harm and only good results. So, it is better to go for yoga asanas for migraine instead of consuming caffeine and migraine pills.
If we talk about yoga poses for migraine, it is noticed that most of the asanas are based on exhalation and when the brain receives an excess supply of oxygen while practising yoga asanas for migraine headache, this can help you get rid of headaches.
And other yoga asanas for migraine headaches that involve inhaling like Pranayama helps to deal with migraine problem.
Sometimes, headache happens when the brain does not receive enough oxygen, and this leads to headaches. But if you practise yoga asanas for migraine problem that involve breathing exercises like Pranayama then, this will help you get rid of migraine headache.
The common problems that happen because of migraine are your ability to stay productive and alert, including the function of your body like intestinal activity and bowel activity.
If you are suffering from frequent irritable bowel and migraine headaches, these two might be connected and therefore practising yoga asanas for migraine headaches can be really beneficial for you. And this is the reason that we all do backward bending yoga asanas for migraine headaches.
When you practise yoga asana for migraine you practise poses that involve the backward bending, lungs opening, expanding diaphragm, and deep inhaling, and all these practise boost the oxygen supply to your brain that help to get rid of stress, pain and headaches.
Yoga Asana for Migraine Headaches
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): This yoga pose for migraine problem is really beneficial not only to get rid of the headache but also good for your spinal health. This is one of the primary positions while practising Surya Namaskar.
2. Ustrasana (Camel Pose): When you practise this yoga poses for migraine problem, this help to strengthen your back, give a nice stretch to your stomach, and help you get rid of the headaches.
You can practise the cobra pose first and then follow with Ustrasana, and after this, you can practise shoulder stand pose also known as Sarvangasana.
3. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose): This asana for migraine headache is excellent not only to cure migraine problem but also beneficial for fat loss.
This asana is good for melting stomach fat because when you practise this asana, you can stretch the stomach muscles that help to reduce the excess fat on the belly area.
4. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose): This yoga asana for migraine is also beneficial to get rid of your problem. When you practise this asana, this reverses the blood flow because your neck gets locked and this decrease the blood flow to the head. Sarvangasana helps to reduce headaches.
Precaution related to the Yoga Asanas for Migraine Headache
- If you have acute signs of Sarvangasana, you should avoid practising Sarvangasana Shoulder pose.
- If there any sign of acute headache avoid practising yoga asanas for migraine headaches like plough pose, shoulder stand, handstand and headstand.
- Always consult your doctor and then start practising these yoga asanas for migraine headache.
Attempt this while practising yoga asana like having a piece of jaggery in your mouth. Jaggery is rich in iron, and it is a good source of sugar, and when these two things team with oxygen, this converts into prana energy in your brain. This can be really beneficial for quick recovery.