Typhoid problem has become prevalent amongst people, especially people from developing countries like India and Africa. Typhoid happens because of bacteria called gram-negative bacterium Salmonella Typhi.
Typhoid happens because of consuming contaminated food or water, and this problem can up to a week to 14 days.
Today we will discuss how we can treat Typhoid problem at home with the help of some herbs and home remedies. Also, we will disc the causes and the symptoms of typhoid.
Causes of Typhoid
- If you wash fruits and vegetables with contaminated water, this can lead to Typhoid problem.
- If the drinking water is not clean, and it is infected with fecal matter.
- People who are asymptomatic which they do not show any symptoms but they harbor the bacteria. They can be the carrier of this problem.
- People who are suffering from typhoid should not come in contact with old age people and children until their medical test report comes negative.
Symptoms of Typhoid
- Some of the Typhoid symptoms appear after 6 to 30 days after you get infected by the bacteria.
- Typhoid can lead to abdominal pain.
- Typhoid can cause weakness.
- Typhoid can lead to high fever, and Typhoid fever is mainly high and keeps on increasing up to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Typhoid can lead to rash, but it does not happen to every patient. Typhoid rashes appear on the neck and abdominal area.
- Typhoid can lead to headaches.
- Typhoid can lead to constipation.
- Typhoid symptoms also include problems like vomiting and diarrhea, but in most of the cases, these symptoms are not so severe.
- In 5 to 62 percent of cases, a people who are suffering from Typhoid may face peritonitis problem, especially in cases where the person has not gone through a proper treatment or has not gone through any treatment. Peritonitis is an infection of the tissues that line the inside of the abdomen. Peritonitis happens because of a perforated bowel.
Typhoid as per Ayurveda:
According to Ayurveda, Typhoid happens because of the contaminated food or water, which is contaminated by infected Mutra (urine), Mala (stool), and Saweda (sweating).
When this contaminated food and water enters a human body, the bacteria start growing inside the human body, inside the intestine, and this leads to Typhoid.
In Ayurveda, Typhoid is known as “Manthar Jawar,” Typhoid leads to the imbalance of Doshas, Rakta and Rasa which further affects the end parts of the small intestine.
Risk factors related to Typhoid are:
In today’s developing world, Typhoid can lead to severe problems. Many children all over the world suffer from Typhoid, and their symptoms are mild compared to the adults.
- Places that are most affected due to this problem are Africa, South America, India, and Southeast Asia.
- Typhoid spread due to contaminated food and water.
- Typhoid happens to the people who consume food from outside.
- Most of the incidence related to Typhoid spread in between July to September.
- Typhoid happens because of poor hygiene or not cleaning the surrounding places.
- Typhoid happens if you come in contact with a person who has Typhoid.
What are the complications related to Typhoid?
It is important to get proper treatment inTyphoid because if the complications become severe then this might lead to the development of perforation in the intestine. And, when this happens, it results in internal bleeding and contents of intestine leak into the abdominal cavity.
Other problems that are related to these complications are:
– Intestinal tuberculosis.
– Intestinal perforation.
Three herbs that are used in Ayurveda to treat Typhoid are:
1. Tulsi: This holy basil is known for its amazingly beneficial properties to treat fever and some specific types of fever. Tulsi leaves works as a nerve tonic, and these leaves can sharpen memory.You can also make a decoction of Tulsi leaves to treat acute fevers.You just need to boil Tulsi leaves in half a litre of boiled water and add cardamom powder, milk and sugar. Mix this mixture well and consume it, and this will help to reduce the fever.
2. Giloy: This herb is great to detox your body and to boost the immune system. Giloy herb has some beneficial properties that are helpful to reduce the microbes and Ama (toxins) that cause infections and fever. Giloy is rich in anti-cancer antibiotic properties, and it is an immune-stimulating herb.
3. Haldi: Haldi is one of the most used ingredients in Indian Kitchens and no doubt this herb has immense beneficial properties which are good for our health. Haldi herb botanical name is Curcuma andCurcuma is amazing to purify our blood and help to flush toxins from our body. Haldi is helpful to treat any types of fever and also help to stimulate digestive fire.
In case, you see any “Typhoid symptoms” then the first thing you should do id to consult a doctor, even if you want to use the above herbs to treat your problem you should first consult your doctor. And then go for such home remedies, especially if you are already on medication.