When our age increases, the amount of our food intake should also change and it is important to maintain a healthy weight. If a person keeps on eating the same quantity of food and does not become more active, that person will start gaining weight.
This mainly happens because your metabolism becomes slow along with your age and along with this your body composition also. The amount of fat and muscles changes as per your age and other factors.
Therefore, it is important to keep a check on the number of meals you have in a day along with the amount, and the type of food you consume.
Focus on Nutrients!
Calories- It is the amount of energy that is taken by our body from the food that we eat. But the key to be healthy and maintain a healthy weight is that your calories intake should be equivalent to your physical activities.
And, this goes vice versa. The more calories you burn through physical activity, the more calories you need. When your age started increasing, you may need lesser calories than before, but the amount of nutrient remains the same.
Why it is Important to Maintain a Healthy Weight?
This is not only good for your overall health but also keeps you energetic for an entire day. When you maintain a healthy weight and you are not obese or overweight, this helps you to be happy and positive. Hence your mental health also improves.
On the other hand, a person with a healthy weight is lesser prone to develop health problems like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, a certain type of cancer, high blood pressure and gallstones.
Benefits of Physical Exercises To Reduce Fat:
The best way to lose fat is to burn those extra calories is to do physical activities.
- To maintain a healthy weight, you can use a healthy weight chart to keep a check on your daily intake of food (calories) along with the nutritional value.
- The things which result in a calorie deficit is when you do a physical activity based on your calories intake on a daily basis.
- When you exercise your body does something, it increases the number of calories that your body uses to burn off (yeah! those soft extra clouds that you have on you).
- And, when you reduce the calorie intake by levelling the nutritional value, it helps, and it really does, in weight loss.
- According to the studies, it has been observed and seen that in order to maintain a healthy weight you need to indulge yourself in physical activities.
How Physical Activities Help to Maintain a Healthy Weight?
- Reduce high blood pressure and helps to balance it.
- It helps to lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Proper blood circulation.
- Reduce the risk of a heart attack or a stroke.
- Reduce the chances of developing several types of cancer.
- It helps to reduce arthritis, and also the disability associated with it.
- Lower the risk of falls and osteoporosis.
- Tackle anxiety and depression.
Osteoporosis – It is a condition in which a person’s bones become weak and brittle, this mainly happens due to hormonal changes and due to vitamin D deficiency.
Difference Between Vigorous and Moderate Physical Activities!
If you do some sort of physical activity and your heart rate and breathing is faster than normal and you can still continue with a conversation, then possibly it is moderate.
Moderate Physical Activities Include:
- Walking for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Climbing stairs actively.
- Playing with children.
- Riding a bicycle at a moderate speed.
On the other side, vigorous physical activities when your heart is pounding, meaning your heart rate is fast and you are breathing hard.
And therefore, it is difficult for you to have a conversation. It is known as vigorous physical activity.
Vigorous Physical Activities Include:
- Swimming in a pool.
- Play sports like football, soccer, basketball.
- Playing tennis.
- Dancing fast like Salsa, Cha Cha, Kathak, Bharatanatyam and many more.
- Cross-Country running or any sports.
There I saying that ‘there are some people who have money and there are some people who are rich.’ But, no matter how hard life goes, if you are fit and rich you can make much better decisions in your life. Keeping yourself healthy has an inside out impact on your body, mind, and the decision that a healthy mind makes.