Our knees are like a shield to any movement of the body to explore places where ever you want to go. It’s hard to imagine a life where you are dependent on a wheelchair. But some people are handicapped from their mind so today we are going to talk about yoga because yoga is not just about enhancing your physical ability but it’s about your mental well-being.
Therefore, today we will talk about Supta Padangusthasana and how this can help to strengthen your knee joints to prevent you from natural wear and tear. Yoga asana effects our mind in a positive by bringing a balance of thoughts and emotions.
According to yoga, people are ruled by their ego and with the help of some yoga poses like “Supta Padangusthasana“, big toe pose and recycling hand this thought process can be changed, when you practice Supta Padangusthasana you lift your leg close to your chest without thinking about the efficiency of the pose.
Yoga is helpful to understand and listen to our body and live a lifestyle that helps us to keep our mental and physical state to work at its optimum level and bring a certain level of balance.
Yoga teaches us to listen to our body and experience the benefits of a pose from a deeper perspective. Have a look at some of the most glorious health benefits of Supta Padangusthasana.
6 Benefits of Supta Padangusthasana:
Steps 1: Lay down on the back; neutral pelvis and keep the bottom hips parallel.
Steps 2: Flex one foot towards you and grab another foot’s big toe with your peace fingers or use a strap.
Steps 3: Engage the quadriceps (the foot you were flexing towards you) to straighten the knee.
- Supta Padangusthasana is helpful to get rid of back pain problem.
- Supta Padangusthasana is helpful to cure lower back problems, and no doubt this is really helpful to prevent some complex back problems with the simple science of yoga.
- People who live a sedentary lifestyle should start practising yoga because their bodies are stiff compared to other people who practice yoga or do exercises. This is helpful to improve the blood circulation and increases flexibility.
- Due to professional choices and habits, a lot of people sit in a bad posture and when you perform Supta Padangusthasana you ensure to lower the traction received by the lower back. This helps to alleviate excessive compression because of wrong postures.
- Supta Padangusthasana is practice on the floor (on a yoga mat) and in this asana, we stretch hamstrings in an effective way which helps to bring back the pelvis to its place. This practice helps to make more space for the back muscles and decrease tension from the region.
- Supta Padangusthasana helps to activate prostate glands and increase the flexibility and movement by opening hip flexors.
What is a prostate gland?
This gland is found in the lower extremities of the body and prostate gland look like a small walnut. This gland plays a vital role in many important functions, mainly in a male body.
When you practice Supta Padangusthasana this helps to create a deeper level of pressure on the prostate gland with stretching and pressing which lifts legs in an alternative position and this creates a smoother secretion of the hormones.
When the prostate gland is healthy this results in a smooth and efficient body functioning.
Supta Padangusthasana Benefits also include:
- Supta Padangusthasana helps to treat stiffness in the lower back area. This asana is also helpful to alleviate backache.
- Supta Padangusthasana helps to stretch inner thighs, hamstrings muscles, and calves muscles.
- Supta Padangusthasana benefits to treat arthritis pain in the knees and hips.
- Supta Padangusthasana is helpful to align the pelvis.
- Supta Padangusthasana is also helpful to reduce the lower back pain problem like sciatica nerve pain.
- Supta Padangusthasana is helpful to activate and massage the organs in the stomach, and this happens in almost all yoga postures.
- Supta Padangusthasana is helpful to Detox intestines and relieve menstrual cramps.
- If you practice Supta Padangusthasana daily, this will help you to get rid of bloating and flatulence.
- When you practice Supta Padangusthasana you ensure an extra supply of blood to all organs like kidneys, liver and pancreas.
- Supta Padangusthasana benefits to reduce the urge to eat junk food and overeating.
SureShot Ayurveda provides herbal medicines for sciatica pain treatment in case you are suffering from sciatica pain you can go for these herbal medicines. These herbal medicines cause no side-effects and made of 100% natural good quality herbs with no added chemicals.