According to Ayurveda, our body needs to extract maximum nutrients out of every food we eat. And, to do so, it is good to understand what to eat and what is the right time to consume that type of food.
Eating food at a fixed time and having certain food when it is best to consume, it does help you get the best out of your food.
Therefore, Ayurveda suggests having fruits on right time with certain foods to get the full nutrition. There are some ways to get the best out of the fruits, which are healthy but having something healthy at a wrong time can also harm you.
Why It Is Important to Have Fruits at Right Time?
- Fruits are a rich source of minerals, vitamins and other amazing nutrients and they are easily available.
- Eating fruits at the right time, with the right combination of foods, to help your system absorb all the nutrients like healthy carbohydrates, minerals, fiber, and vitamins.
- When you understand this, you are moving towards a healthy digestive system and if your digestive system is healthy and working at its best, your chances of developing many diseases will naturally reduce.
- Eating food at the right time also prevents unwanted side-effects.
- When you eat raw fruits after a meal it also causes heartburn, gas and bloating, so once you follow the right timing you can prevent these issues.
Other Reasons To Have Fruits at The Right Time:
MORNING TIME IS THE BEST TIME:
- Try to have fruits as the first thing in the morning or you can consume it as a morning snack.
- It is more beneficial to have fruits on an empty stomach.
- Either you can have fruits 1 hour before having a meal or 2 hours after having a meal.
GET RID OF DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS:
- Raw fruits are high in fiber content along with simple sugar. Simple sugar takes more time to absorb and get digested.
- When you eat fruits after a meal or with food which are digestion intensive, which delayed the process of digestion and further lead to heartburn, gas, bloating and digestive problems.
- Sound Sleep
- Avoid having fruits before bedtime because when you have fruits at night when you need to sleep you might feel alert and won’t able to sleep on time.
- This happens because fruits have natural, simple sugar in it which spikes your energy levels and you will be awake at the time of sleeping.
Anything in excess can harm you!
- It is vital to know that eating too much of fruits at a time because fruits have their own calories and having them with other high-calorie food can make it unpleasantly effective and it can harm your health.
- As we know that other foods stop the efficient digestion of fruits, so when you have fruit-based diet, this will also become a barrier to absorb nutrients from lean meats, vegetables, low-fat dairy products and whole grains.
Therefore, in Ayurveda, they suggest having fruits on an empty stomach in the morning or have it as a mid-morning snack. Try to avoid having fruits in excess, especially at the time when you are going to sleep.