AYUSH Ministry has recently come with major preventive steps for the management of COVID-19 symptoms. This is the second advisory by AYUSH Ministry: preventive measures, medicines in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani Siddha to fight from COVID-19 symptoms.
Today we will be sharing preventive measures on the following points:
i. Preventive and prophylactic
ii. Symptom management of COVID-19 like illnesses
iii. Add on Interventions to the conventional care
These methods and preventive measures by AYUSH system will help to boost your immunity. And this will also help you to improve respiratory system.
These recommendations are based on the research done by the research councils under the Ministry of AYUSH.
Preventive Measures to Fight Coronavirus
Measure to follow in Ayurveda:
- Take Samshamani Vati 500 mg.
- You need to take this medicine twice a day with warm water for 15 days.
- This medicine contains an aqueous extract of Tinospora cordifolia.
Measure to follow in Siddha:
- Take Nilavembu Kudineer decoction 60 ml.
- You need to take this twice a day for 14 days.
- This medicine contains an aqueous extract of Andrograhis paniculata & others.
Measure to follow in Unani:
In this, you need to prepare a decoction.
To prepare this decoction, you need to start by boiling water, and add:
- Behidana (Cydonia oblonga) 3 gm
- Unnab (Zizyphus jujube) 5 in number.
- Sapistan (Cordia myxa) 9 in number.
- Boil it in 250 ml water- till it remains half.
- After this, you need to filter the remaining half.
- Keep this liquid in a glass bottle and use it lukewarm.
This decoction has the following benefits like:
- Antioxidant activity.
- Smooth muscle relaxant activity.
- Anti-influenza activity.
- You need to take this decoction for 14 days (twice a day)
- You need to take Arsenicum album 30, on an empty stomach for three days.
- And you need to repeat the same, after 1 month.
- You need to follow the same schedule until COVID-19 infection is prevalent in the community.
This dose has the following benefits like:
As per studies, Arsenic album as one of the constituents in a formulation affected HT29 cells and human macrophages.
Also, it showed NF-KB hyperactivity (reduced expression of reporter gene GFP in transfected HT29 cells), TNF-a release in macrophages.
Arsenic Album is also a common prescription to the patients who are suffering from respiratory infections in day to day practice.
Management of Coronavirus Symptoms in Ayurveda:
1. Take 2 capsules of AYUSH-64 tablets at least twice a day.
2. Take 5 gm of Agasthya Hareetaki twice a day with warm water.
3. Take 2 drops of Anuthaila/Sesame oil in each nostril. Do this daily in the morning time.
1. Make a decoction of Nilavembu Kudineer/Kaba Sura Kudineer (60m1).
Have this decoction twice a day.
2. You can also consume Adathodai Manapagu.
It is a type of syrup, consume 10 ml of this syrup and take this twice a day.
In this, there are various doses which are effective to get rid of flu-like health problems like Arsenicum album, Rhus Toxicodendron, Bryonia alba, Belladonna Gelsemium Eupatorium perfoliatum.
According to the AYUSH Ministry advisory, these medicines should be taken after consultation with qualified physicians of respective AYUSH systems.
Interventions to the Conventional Care Ayurveda:
1. You need to take 2 tablets of AYUSH-64 twice a day.
2. You can also take 5 gm of Agastya Hareetaki, twice a day with a glass of warm water.
1. In this, you can consume Vishasura Kudineer decoction (60ml) twice a day.
2. Take Kaba Sura Kudineer decoction twice a day but the quantity should be 60m1.
“Medicine mentioned Symptom management of COVlD-19 like illnesses” under subhead Homoeopathy can also be given as add on to the conventional care.”
And therefore, again as per the AYUSH Ministry advisory, these medicines should be taken after consultation with qualified physicians of respective AYUSH systems.
Additional Measure to Follow By The Ministry of AYUSH:
- You should follow a fresh diet and consume fresh, easy to digest and warm foods.
- Consume foods like whole-wheat cereals, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- You can also follow frequent sipping of water boiled with crushed ginger, turmeric and Tulsi leaves.
- You can add pepper powder with honey in case of cough, it will be beneficial for you.
- Try to avoid frozen, heavy and cold foods.
- Avoid exposure to the cold breeze.
- Take proper sleep and try to sleep on time.
- You can also practice yoga asana like Pranayama under the guidance of a Yoga instructor.
General Medicinal plants which are beneficial in similar symptoms are:
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
SureShot Ayurveda wishes you health, and request you to take care of yourself. You can use some of the easy preventive measures mentioned in this blog to stay fit, protected and healthy.