If we talk about “Paschimottanasana benefits”, then there are many and this asana is also known as Hatha yoga.
Paschimottanasana word has originally derived from the Sanskrit Language. The meaning of Paschimottanasana in English is Seated Forward Bend Pose.
This yoga asana (Paschimottanasana) is known to be a really good yoga pose for the overall stretching of the body.
Paschimottanasana yoga pose benefits your overall body and due to the intensity of this asana as a healthy bend pose it is known as the Intense Dorsal Stretch in the modern yoga and exercise books.
Paschimottanasana is known to be one of the best Hatha yoga asanas which help to cure any type of health issue in a human body with the help of the stretch.
Paschimottanasana benefits people who are suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure. To get the maximum “benefits of Paschimottanasana”, one must practise this yoga pose every day early in the morning. The reason it is told to practice every day in the morning because it is beneficial to perform yoga asana and this
Paschimottanasana on an empty stomach after emptying your bowels.
It is also advisable to not eat anything immediately after practising Paschimottanasana pose. In case, it is necessary to have your meal you can have it in advance and this means you need to have your meal before you practice Paschimottanasana.
Before we jump to the “Paschimottanasana benefits“, we must understand the correct way of performing Paschimottanasana and let’s discuss Paschimottanasana steps in briefly.
Paschimottanasana Steps to Perform this Asana Correctly
- First, sit down on your yoga mat and then stretch out both the legs in front of you.
- Make sure that your toes are flexed and your spine is erect and not lose or bend.
- Try to stretch upwards while raising your hands above your head, inhale while performing this.
- Then exhale while moving your chin towards the toes and while bending forward from the hips.
- After this place, your hands on your legs or you can also hold your right wrist in front of the feet. Do not force your hands to let them reach without forcing.
- After this, you need to place your head to the shins or knees and while performing this take long exhalations.
- When you are trying to reach towards your legs with the head and make sure you are stretching your spine forward.
- After this, stretch your arms out in front of you and breathe.
- Come back to the starting position (sitting) while inhaling.
- And then lower your arm, release the pose while exhaling.
So, these are the Paschimottanasana steps that you need to follow while practising this asana and to practise Paschimottanasana correctly. You can also look at the image to get an idea of these Paschimottanasana steps and correct posture.
There are some preparatory yoga poses helpful to practice Paschimottanasana, and these yoga poses are practised before practising Paschimottanasana like:
Top 10 Therapeutic Paschimottanasana Benefits
- Cures high blood pressure problem.
- Deal with obesity.
- Helps in indigestion problem.
- Regulate the menstrual cycle and menopause discomforts.
- Deal with a lack of energy.
- Deal with the underweight problem.
- Cure neurological disorders.
- Helps to strengthen firm muscles.
- Cures mild depression.
- Helps to treat Insomnia.
Now, when you know “Paschimottanasana steps” to practice this asana correctly, you must also know the amazing benefits of Paschimottanasana.
Paschimottanasana Benefits That Can Change Your Life
1. When you practice Paschimottanasana, this benefits your spine, thighs, shoulders, hamstrings and calf muscles as well. When you practice Paschimottanasana, the excellent stretch helps to relax and calm your firm tissues and muscles groups.
2. One of the excellent health benefits of Paschimottanasana is that this asana helps to calm and relieve the physical and mental stress both.
3. A person who practises Paschimottanasana on a daily basis will feel changes in his/her overall well-being because Paschimottanasana helps to increase the blood circulation and energise the cells of the entire body, especially mind.
4. One of the benefits of Paschimottanasana is that this asana helps to reduce fat naturally. One of the common problems a lot of people face in today’s world is the excessive belly fat, and Paschimottanasana is known to be a natural remedy to reduce belly fat. Paschimottanasana involves abdominal stretch, which helps to reduce the excessive abdominal fat. Paschimottanasana also helps to tone your body beautifully.
5. In today’s world, abdominal disorders hold 74% of the total world population, on the top women are holding a major share in this percentage. Therefore, it is even more beneficial for us to involve in such asana that can help us deal with such issues.
6. Paschimottanasana benefits to tone and massage your pelvic and abdominal organs, which help to cure abdominal disorder naturally. Paschimottanasana cures problems like gastric issues, cholecystitis, pancreatitis and ulcerative colitis and many more.
7. Paschimottanasana helps to relieve females during their menstrual cramps and provide relieve from the menstrual pain. Paschimottanasana benefits the uterus, liver, ovaries and kidneys as well.
Here are Some Conditions in Which you Should not Practise Paschimottanasana:
– If you are suffering from a slipped disc problem.
– If you are suffering from spondylitis.
– If you are suffering from some injury.
– If you are pregnant.
– If you are suffering from a hernia problem.
“Paschimottanasana” helps to prevent our system from nerve disorders. Paschimottanasana also helps to enhance the proficient functioning of the body.