As per Ayurveda, Neem trees are mentioned as the curers of all sorts of health problems, every part of neem can be used to nothing in a neem tree goes wasted.
Therefore, neem trees are known as ‘Sarva Roga Nivarini’ which means neem trees can heal anything health-related problem in the world.
Today we will discuss the benefits and uses of neem oil for hair and skin and the benefits of neem oil uses for various ailments.
The neem tree is equal to a symbol of protection and good health and before you would find a neem tree in every second or third house. Neem trees are known as the ‘village pharmacy” because of the benefits of neem oil and neem trees that are used to treat various health problems.
Even today, you will find so many people in a rural area using neem datum (neem toothbrush) to clean their teeth and for oral hygiene.
Neem leaves are used to cure skin-related problems and neem fruit and seeds to get the essential neem oil.
There so many benefits and uses of neem oil for hair and skin because neem oil has antifungal, antiseptic, antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Therefore, neem is consumed as tablets and even in skin products and neem oil and neem leaves are used in so many natural remedies.
You will use the uses of neem oil in soaps, gels, creams, shampoos, and lotions to improve the quality of your skin and hair. The benefits of neem oil increase when you add a carrier oil like sweet almond or sesame oil, along with cold-pressed organic neem oil.
Benefits and Uses of Neem Oil for Hair and Skin:
- If you are someone who wants to get rid of their acne problem, neem oil can be beneficial to treat acne and reduce those spots on your face.
- If you are someone who is suffering from hyperpigmentation and wants to get rid of hyperpigmentation, then you should use neem oil as a face oil.
- If you are someone who is suffering from dandruff, then you should use neem oil along with carrier oil and massage this mixture of oil on your scalp to get rid of dandruff.
- Also, you can get rid of mosquitoes if you use neem oil along with a base oil and use this mixture of oil on your skin.
Things you can treat with neem oil are:
– Nourish and moisturize your skin.
– Remove dandruff.
– Promote hair growth.
– Treat head lice.
– Treat fungal infection.
– Cure abrasions and burns.
– Treat and repair your hair and skin from environmental damage.
Benefits of Neem Oil for Hair and Skin:
1. Improve hair growth: Baldness can be prevented with the help of neem oil. Neem oil has properties that help to stimulate hair follicle function and growth. Neem oil also works as a support for healthy cell division, and prevent the thinning of hair due to polluted air, stress, and some medicines. Using neem hair oil for daily use can be helpful to improve your hair quality and prevent hair fall.
2. Prevent scalp infection: As we discussed earlier, neem oil has antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibiotic properties. These properties help to treat scalp infection and prevent scalp infection. Scalp infection can lead to permanent loss of hair and therefore it is important to get a proper scalp treatment. And you should also consult your doctor before applying anything on your hair. And if your doctor allows you to use neem oil, you should also ask them which neem oil you should buy.
3. Get rid of grey hair: Due to today’s lifestyle where physical activities are decreasing, and the level of stress and anxiety is increasing the society, premature greying of hair is not something new. Premature greying can happen due to hormonal imbalance as well, and neem oil is beneficial to treat this. If you already have grey hair, the neem oil might not affect your hair because of ageing, but it can surely help to prevent and delay the greying of hair.
How Neem Oil Benefits Your Skin?
- There are many benefits of neem oil for the skin, but one of the prominent ones is that neem oil moisturise your skin deeply and the vitamin E and fatty acids in the neem oil helps to provide the much-needed nourishment to your skin.
- If you have itchy and inflamed skin with redness, then using neem oil can be beneficial for your skin. Neem oil is helpful to treat burns, swelling, rashes, eczema, acne, and psoriasis. The anti-inflammatory properties in the neem oil help to treat various skin problems.
- Using neem oil on wounds can increase the healing process because of its antiseptic properties. If you have minor cuts or abrasion using neem oil is good to heal those wounds. This will help to increase the healing process.
- Get rid of insects, yes neem oil is an amazing mosquito repellent. Neem oil is amazing to prevent you from malaria spreading mosquitoes. You just neem to mix neem oil with sesame oil or sweet almond oil, and you are good to use this oil on your skin to prevent mosquito bites. You can also add this oil in diffusers or kerosene lamps to spread the effectiveness of this oil.
Benefits of Neem Oil for Daily Use:
- Tone your skin.
- Cure acne and scars.
- Treat blackheads.
- Treat skin from environmental damage.
- Prevent ageing.
- Treat pimples.
- Treat hyperpigmentation.
In case you are deciding to buy neem oil then, it is better to always check the ingredients, and use cold-pressed 100% pure neem oil. Do not buy any oil from the market also if you are suffering from some skin problem it is better to always consult your doctor and only then use any new product or oil on your face or skin.