To understand how to treat an ailment, you need to understand what is the core reason behind it. This not only helps to remove unnecessary confusion related to the things we need to avoid. Also, if we look from a medical expert point of view, he/she can treat you in a much better way.
Therefore, before we jump to two major causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, first we need to understand, how gut imbalance can lead to Irritable bowel syndrome.
Factors Lead to IBS Are:
- Your small intestine is the surface area of a tennis court size. Your small intestine is also the site of about 60% of your immune system.
- And, your gut-immune system is one-cell layer away from a toxic sewer (all of the bacteria and undigested food particles in your gut).
- In any situation if this one-cell layer breaks down it will an exposure of all kinds of foreign particles like food and bacteria and other microbes.
- This problem will further lead to an activated immune response, allergy, and will irritate your second brain (the enteric nervous system).
- This is a problem which further leads to irritable bowel, an irritable brain and other system-wide problems including allergy, arthritis, autoimmunity, and mood swings including other problems.
Microbes in Your guts are healthy for you until:
- The same gut bacteria are out of balance, and the number of pathogenic bacteria but not enough healthy bacteria, that where the problem increases and you become sick.
- There nearly 3 pounds (500 species) of bacteria in your gut, which means there are more bacterial DNA in your body than there in human DNA.
What happens when bad people come in a group to the different parts of the city?
They try to take over to the existing system and try to mess with it.
This is what happens when the bad bacteria move to places in your body, where they should not be; lead to fermentation of the food you eat, mainly sugar and starchy foods.
This is known as small bowel bacterial overgrowth, and it’s a major cause of IBS.
In this problem, one of the main symptoms is bloating, because these bacteria survive on whatever you eat in a day and then this lead to the overproduction of gas.
One of the other main reason for irritable bowel syndrome is food sensitivity, any kind of low-level reaction to foods can lead to chronic problems like IBS.
According to the reputable British medical journal:
Gut that found eliminating foods identified through delayed food allergy testing (IgG antibodies) resulted in dramatic improvements in IBS symptoms.
Whereas in another article, published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology, clearly mentioned that we must respect and recognise the role of food allergies and inflammation in IBS.
Two Main Causes Of Irritable Bowel Syndrome :
1. Food Allergies.
2. Overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine.
Though, the research says that the above two causes are the main reason for the IBS Problem but there may be other reasons too like :
- Lack of digestive enzymes.
- Parasites living in the gut.
- Zinc or magnesium deficiency.
- Heavy metal toxicity, and more.
However, “Irritable Bowel Syndrome” can be treated entirely with the help of herbs and other medical treatments available. The treatment should be based on the person’s unique circumstances that vary from person to person, who suffers from IBS.
If, you re suffering from this kind of problem, the SureShot Ayurveda can provide you with the best quality herbal medicines, customised on the basis of your health condition. These medicines will help you to cure of IBS problem without causing any side-effects.