In India, people celebrate festivals almost every month and when there are so many festivals, how can we celebrate those festivals without sweets and snacks?
Today, almost everyone buys something sweet from the sweets shops or people cook something sweet at home. Therefore, health issues related to sweets and snacks can cause serious damage to our system especially those who are already suffering from health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure.
So, today we will share some of the best tips and tricks to avoid sweets and snacks and to give a hug to your health.
6 Tips to Avoid Sweets and Snacks Cravings Especially During Festivals!
- Liquid intake: Increase your liquid intake, but that does not mean you will start drinking alcohol or beer. We are talking about some healthy drinks as an alternative to sweets. When you are do not drink an adequate amount of water your brain might get confused between hunger and thrust. When you are dehydrated you might start craving for sweets and that is why it is important to drink plenty of water every day.
- Protein intake: Foods that are rich in protein are really helpful to avoid the cravings for sweets or snacks. Why? Because when you consume foods that are high in protein like cottage cheese and chickpeas, this keeps you full for long hours and also elevate your metabolism. Hence, to avoid snacking or sweets craving, consume foods that are rich in protein and your urge to consume sweets or snacks will naturally reduce.
- Types of sweets: Try to avoid sweets that are really sugary and you can go for the substitutes that are less sugar-laden like you can go for white rasgulla instead of gulab jamun because you can easily squeeze rasgulla sugar syrup before you consume all the sugar in one go. One more thing, do not overeat, eat less and if you are diabetic go for healthy sweets options like fruits and sweets that are sugar-free.
- Go for nuts: Go for healthy fats that add on to your health instead of ruining your health and one of the healthy fats options are nuts. Nuts like almond, walnuts, and cashew nuts are known to be high in calories yes! Do not go on their size. Nuts are a really good alternative to reduce sweets and snacks cravings because they promote satiety.
- Physical exercise: Physical exercise for at least 5 days a week. If you do not pay attention to what you are consuming it is extremely to at least burn those extra calories. You can go for any other physical activity that you like to do like running, playing any sports, swimming, skipping, football, and dancing, anything that doubles your heart rate. You should do at least 30 to 40 minutes of exercise to maintain a healthy weight.
- Think before you eat: One of the best ways to maintain your health and to keep yourself away from sweets and snack craving is to be aware of what you are consuming. This is something that you know but a lot of us do not pay attention to this. Keep control on how much nutritional value is needed and check whether you are consuming the necessary foods every day or not.
If you follow these simple tips you can easily fight sweets and snacks cravings and even if you have (in limit) you can remain healthy and fit. Just ensure you do not get over-excited because of festivals and whatever you see in front of you, yes, that will surely help you.
Even during festivals, it is important to think about your health.