Heard about normal headaches? and no doubt you must have experienced a headache at least once in a while, but nobody wants to go through it. Now, think about migraine, this is like an upgraded version of a normal headache where you feel extreme pain in a particular area of your head. In this post we will share Home Remedies for Migraine and How to get rid of migraine.
When a person suffers from migraine, they feel a lot of pain, which includes symptoms like nausea, pounding pain, and sensitivity to sound and light.
Today we will some of the best home remedies for migraine headaches to help you get rid of this problem at home, and with the help of those natural ingredients, you can easily find at home.
Top Home Remedies to Migraine Headache
1. Try acupressure: This is the process in which the expert pressure with the fingers or hands on some specific points on the body to relieve migraine symptoms and relieve pain. This therapy is used on people who have chronic condition and headaches.
2. Foods can trigger migraine: What you eat in a day plays an important role to prevent migraine. There are some eatables (with nitrates) can trigger migraine problem like:
– Hot dogs.
– Deli meats.
– Foods that contain MSG (monosodium glutamate)
– Processed foods like dried fruits, beans and pickled foods.
– Cultured dairy products like buttermilk, yoghurt, and sour cream.
Now, there are some drinks that one must avoid to prevent migraine headache like:
– Red wine.
– Iced drinks.
– Ice cream or ice cream shakes.
In order to see what is really triggering migraine headache, you can start with self-inspection like make a note of foods that lead to a normal day without headaches and foods that lead to migraine headache.
3. Feverfew flower herb: This herb is used to treat migraine and to reduce the symptoms of migraine. It is a type of a flowering herb and this herb looks similar to a daisy flower. However, there is not enough information or evidence on its effectiveness, a lot of people use this herb to treat and to prevent migraine headache and do not cause any side-effects.
4. Magnesium-rich foods: Foods that are rich in magnesium can be helpful to prevent migraine and menstrual-related migraines.
Foods that one can add in their diet to get rid of migraine are:
- Cashew nuts.
- Brazil nuts.
- Sesame seeds.
- Peanut butter.
- Sunflower seeds.
5. Lavender oil: A per research in the year 2012, if a person inhales lavender oil during a migraine attack within 15 minutes he/she will get relief from the pain or get relief faster than others who inhale some other medicine. You can inhale lavender oil directly or you can apply diluted lavender oil to the temples.
6. Yoga asanas: Problems that cannot be solved by medicines yoga can cure and prevent such problems easily. Yoga asana work on a person’s overall wellbeing both mind and body and with the help of asanas that include body posture, breathing and meditation.
Yoga can help you to get relief from migraine headaches and also help to release tension in the areas where migraine pain triggers, reduce anxiety levels and improve vascular health.
7. Peppermint oil: According to a study in the year 2010, if a person applies peppermint oil or menthol solution to the temples and forehead, this works better than other migraine-related medicines to get rid of its pain, light sensitivity and nausea.
8. Biofeedback: This method is effective to learn to control the autonomic reactions to stress. This method is helpful to prevent migraine headache that happens due to the physical reaction to stress, also called muscle tensing.
9. Ginger: Ginger has properties that help to prevent nausea caused by various reasons including migraine. Studies say that ginger has properties that help to reduce the severityof migraine.
10. Massage: Going for massage therapy once a week is helpful to enhance the quality of sleep and reduces the migraine frequency. Studies say that massage is helpful to tackle stress and coping skills which further help to prevent and reduce the cortisol levels, heart rate and anxiety.