Due to sedentary lifestyle and wrong food and bad eating habits can lead to various types of stomach problems like acid reflux, constipation, indigestion, diarrhea, and bloating. One of the common problems is acid reflux and therefore today we will discuss some home remedies for acid reflux relief, including other stomach problems.
These home remedies for acid reflux relief and other stomach problem are the ones that have been mentioned in Ayurvedic treatments as well to cure stomach related problems.
According to Ayurveda, Agni (fire) plays a vital role in the digestion process. If you really want to understand the simple science behind this, then it is simple, you just need to be consistent and follow this simple method every day like eat your heaviest meal in the afternoon when the sun is at its peak (hottest time of the entire day) do not eat heavy food after sunset, and then check how you feel within a week or two.
And notice whether or not your digestive system has improved, after following this simple method or say the right way of eating.
In Ayurveda, Agni is something that is known to be the gateway to becoming healthy. The one place that can lead to the maximum number of health problem is your gut, if you keep your gut healthy, you will naturally feel a change in your overall wellbeing of both your body and mind.
But what are the foods that can help you heal your stomach problem? And what are the home remedies for acid reflux relief? How to bring balance to your imbalanced Agni, and Ayurvedic ways to nourish and strengthen the agni.
Some Points to Improve Stomach Problem
- First, do not eat mindlessly, you should only eat if you are hungry do not give excess work to your digestive system when it is already digesting the previous meal.
- Second, drink enough fluids, you can take this step as a simple home remedy to prevent stomach problem like acid reflux. When you do not drink enough fluid, you might confuse it with hunger and you end up stuffing yourself with food, instead, you should drink water. Try this simple method if you feel you are hungry but you had your meals, drink a glass of water instead of eating something, after a while, you will not feel hungry.
- Third, stop snacking in between meals; you should definitely maintain a gap of 3 to 4 hours between your meals. This will help your digestive system to digest your food properly, and this how you would not overload your digestive system and prevent stomach problem.
- Fourth, avoid consuming foods that are not good for your agni like oily, deep-fried, wet, cold food and drinks, and spicy foods. This type of food can smother your Agni or say the digestive fire and prevent stomach problems like constipation, indigestion, bloating, and acid reflux.
- Fifth, chew your food properly, according to yogic science you should chew every bite for 24 times, and this will help you digest 50% of your food in your mouth. This simple trick can reduce the load of your digestive system and promote better digestion.
- Sixth, consume simple foods, more nutrition value but fewer calories (follow this if you want to lose weight) also food with fewer calories and more nutrition are mostly healthy alternatives. Try to eat 40 to 50% of the food in its raw form, like fruits and vegetables to increase the number of pranic foods (foods with more energy, cure health problems, and highly nutritious) in your diet.
- Also, you can add pure desi ghee in your diet because pure desi ghee can help to improve the digestion and stimulate agni.
Ayurvedic home remedies for stomach problem:
- Acid reflux: To get rid of acid reflux you need to remember a simple thing, anything that can cause excess saliva in your mouth can be beneficial for acid reflux relief. You can follow these simple home remedies for acid reflux relief like drink buttermilk, coconut water or have plain yoghurt (homemade is far better). These types of drinks will aid digestion, acid reflux problem, soothe the stomach and decrease irritation in your stomach because of acid reflux.
2. Constipation: If you are suffering from constipation problem then ghee can be beneficial in this type of stomach problems. You can add pure desi ghee with salt and hot water and drink this mixture. This will be beneficial to lubricate your intestines and this drink has salt in it will also help to remove bacteria.
- Diarrhea: In this type of stomach problem, you can use one of the highest pranic foods known as the bottle gourd. You can drink bottle gourd juice as the first thing in the morning in summers (helps to cool down your system) and in winter you can make hot soups by adding few vegetables in it and drink this soup or you can also make a curry to have to with rice. This superfood is extremely beneficial if it is consumed in a certain way, and this will also help you get rid of diarrhea stomach problem. The reason it is advised to have in diarrhea because bottle guard is rich in fibre and water content, low in calories, and therefore it is easy to digest and light for your stomach and this is what you want when your stomach is upset.
- Bloating: This is a situation where your stomach feels heavy and bloated. So, to get rid of this stomach problem you need to have fennel seeds with warm water and you can also add ginger in this drink with a drop of honey in it. This simple home remedy will help you get rid of this stomach problem, bloating. According to some medical expert warm water is a simple but effective way to get of bloating stomach problem. Also, if you do not have the time to make a hot drink, then you can simply chew fennel seed after eating and this will also prevent indigestion, bloating and gas.
- Indigestion: How to get rid of indigestion? Is one of the most common stomach problem that people face and this can happen because of various reasons like heavy deep-fried foods, uncertain timing of meals, having heavy foods at night, sedentary lifestyle, no exercises and less physical activities, etc. One simple way is to check what you had in the period of 24 to 48 hours and then try to remember all things you had in this time span. Do not repeat the same mistake.
If you are finding it difficult to digest your food, the first thing you need to do is to stop eating foods that are hard to digest like rice, dairy products, and raw vegetables. You can make soups by adding vegetables, spices like black pepper, ginger and cinnamon in it, and you can also have boil vegetables.
Try to consume more liquid-based meals and juice instead of having heavy meals. This will help you get rid of indigestion stomach problem.
Things you should avoid in acid reflux or any stomach problem are:
These suggestions are based on Ayurvedic ways of healing stomach problem so, you do not need to worry that this might harm you because Ayurvedic treatments are one of the most ancient ways to treatments and it reason it is still in existence because it is one of the best ways of keeping your overall health in check based on the science of life.
- Do not consume cold food items like ice creams and cold drinks or foods.
- Try to have cumin tea or ginger tea once a day.
- Try to consume spices that can help to treat stomach problems like acid reflux, indigestion, bloating, diarrhea and gas. These spices are cumin, hing (asafetida), fennel seeds and turmeric.
- Do not drink cold or ice water always drink warm water or water on room temperature, cold water can slow down the process of digestion.
- Do not snack in between meals, have a complete meal and try to add as much colour as you can in your meals because this will help you add more nutrition and various type of taste to satisfy all your taste buds, once you do this, you will not feel like snacking. You can also drink a glass of water if you feel like snacking.
- You can take small-small sips of warm water while having your meals to help with the food absorption and to treat indigestion.
- Do not consume a hot drink or food just after having a cold drink or food, and vice versa.
So, the next time you suffer from stomach problems like indigestion, gas, bloating, acid reflux and diarrhea, you know what steps you need to take to boost your recovery. And to treat your stomach problem with some of the most-effective and simple home remedies for acid reflux relief and other stomach problems.