Giloy health benefits are tremendous, and one of the main reason that giloy has become such a popular herb in today’s time because giloy works as an immunity booster, which is something people are looking forwards due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Today we are going to talk about the benefits of giloy, giloy uses, how giloy benefits your skin problem and what are the side effects of giloy.
Giloy health benefits are so effective that it is called as the Ayurvedic root of immortality in the Sanskrit language.
Giloy uses are multipurpose you can use giloy in the form of powder, capsule and juice. In case you want to get the benefits of giloy, you can even use giloy root. This amazing herb is also approved by the FDA – Food and Drug Administration.
Coming back to the giloy description in the Sanskrit language, it is known as “Amrita.” Giloy health benefits are directly connected to its amazing medicinal properties.
In case, you are thinking about taking it in a capsule, powdered, and juice form, you need to know that giloy stem of if maximum utility.
No doubt, you can achieve the benefits of giloy in the form of capsules and others form but you can also use giloy roots to prepare traditional decoction (kadha).
8 Benefits of Giloy and Giloy uses:
1. Giloy helps to boost immunity: According to the medical expert there many benefits of giloy but one the most amazing benefits is that giloy helps to boost your immunity.
Giloy benefits to purify the blood, fight bacteria, flush out toxins. Giloy herb also helps to combat liver diseases, and urinary tract infection and heart-related problems.
2. Giloy benefits digestion: Giloy benefits your digestive system that can help to improve the functioning of your digestive system, hence your digestion improves.
If you do not have any issues with the digestion and your digestive system is working at its optimum level, then half the problem are naturally resolved.
When it comes to giloy uses, you can take half a gram of giloy powder and have it with amla or jaggery this will help you get rid of constipation.
3. Combat respiratory problems: Giloy health benefits include some anti-inflammatory properties that can be helpful to combat respiratory issues like cold, cough, and tonsils.
4. Treats Chronic Fever: If a person is suffering from fever giving them a traditional decoction made of giloy can be really helpful; giloy helps to combat recurrent fevers. The anti-inflammatory properties found in giloy benefits to reduce the symptoms of malaria, dengue, and swine flu.
5. Reduces asthmatic symptoms: If a person is suffering from asthma, giloy can be really helpful for them. If you see these asthma symptoms like coughing, chest tightness, wheezing and shortness of breath then you can chew the root of giloy or you can also drink giloy juice that will help to reduce these symptoms.
6. Giloy fight anxiety and stress: Giloy benefits you by detoxifying your system and works as an adaptogenic herb this means giloy benefits to reduce the anxiety and mental stress. Giloy also helps to calm you and to boost your memory.
7. Giloy benefits to combat fine lines: Giloy has anti-ageing properties that help to fight skin problem like pimples, dark spots and reduce the signs of wrinkles and fine lines.
8. Giloy helps to treat arthritis: Giloy has anti-inflammatory properties that can be helpful to treat the symptoms of arthritis. In case, you are suffering from joint pain then you can use a simple home remedy for giloy, add giloy powder (made of giloy stem) with milk and boil this milk and then consume this drink this will be beneficial for you.
Also, if you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, then you can also add some ginger in this drink.
Now, after knowing the amazing benefits of giloy, it is important to know the giloy effects, anything that is taken more than its required can lead to side-effects.
Side-effects of Giloy:
- First side-effects of giloy, giloy can lead to lower your blood glucose level.
- Second, side-effects of giloy, if a person suffering from diabetes problem and you are taking medicines for it, alongside you take giloy then this can lead to hypoglycaemia. Hypoglycaemia is a condition in which your blood sugar level decreases.
- The third side-effect of giloy can lead to constipation problem, though giloy is known for improving your digestion-related issues. But sometimes, the overdose can lead to dry stool, constipation and infrequent bowel movement.
- Fourth side effects of giloy, giloy uses should be in limit because this can overstimulate your immune system and your immune system might become overactive. This also increases the problem of autoimmune disorder like rheumatoid arthritis (RA), multiple sclerosis (MS), and lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE).
- The fifth if you are waiting to undergo any surgery or operation then it is important that your blood sugar level is in control. Consuming giloy herb can fluctuate your blood sugar level, and it is not at all good if you need to undergo a surgery or operation.
- Though the side-effect of giloy is not known, it is important to know the side effects of giloy. As per the medical expert, it is better to not consume giloy during pregnancy or during the gestation period to prevent yourself from any mishap.
It is always a better idea to first consult your doctor in case you are suffering from any health problem or taking some medicines before you consume giloy or any other herb. This will prevent you from facing any side-effects and severity.
So, what is the right way to take giloy?
You can consume giloy in any form like powder, juice, or capsules. According to the instruction mention on the packaging, adults can consume 2 tablets a day and children up to the age of 5 should take a half capsule in a day. If you are consuming giloy in the powdered form then, full or half a teaspoon of powdered giloy is fine in a day.