There are people who instead of fighting from such issues and to keep high blood pressure under control, they fully get dependent upon medicines.
It is surely a way to control, but it also has side-effects. We all know that mainly these problems happen because of a bad lifestyle, no exercise and mainly your diet.
You are as good as the food on your plate. Once you eat unhealthy food, you also become unhealthy, it as simple as that.
70% is the diet which keeps you healthy and 30% is exercise, so focusing on this basic aspect is what you need to remember every day.
Risk Factors of High Blood Pressure
One of the reasons which lead to the “risk of high blood pressure” is your lifestyle as mentioned above, but that you can control easily and it’s in your hand.
But the factors of high blood pressure which are not in your control are:
- Your family history of high blood pressure.
- Your age
- Cultural tradition (ethnicity) or race.
- Your sex
Like high blood pressure happens to both male and female but the reason for high blood pressure are:
- Your age: When your age increases the risk for high blood pressure increases too. Therefore,every 9 out of 10 people in America develop high blood pressure during their lifetime because of their blood pressure likely to increases as they age.
- Your Sex: Atsome point, in their life women and men both are likely to develop high blood pressure problem because women are as likely to develop high blood pressure as men.
- Your cultural tradition: This aspect can also be a cause for high blood pressure, because black people are more likely to develop high blood pressure, and they tend to develop it much earlier in their life compared to Asians, American Indians, Hispanics, Alaska Natives or white people.
- Focus on taste instead of nutrition: Processed food like chips, burgers, candies amazing when to come to taste but you must be well aware of the nutritional value. So, foods low in potassium and high in sodium is a direct welcome to the world of high blood pressure.
Consume home-cooked food on a daily basis, because most of the unhealthy foods are available at restaurants or outside the home.
- When you are lazy like a crock: Regular exercise and physical activity boost your overall health like your heart and blood vessels. This helps your body to keep functioning at its best and maintain your blood pressure level or lower your blood pressure.
- Overweight: When there is more fat on your body, you are making your heart work more to pump blood and oxygen to each part of your system. This leads to stress to your blood vessels and heart as well.
- Do not make it large: It sounds weird, but consuming alcohol is dangerous for the people with high blood pressure issue. When you drink alcohol, it raises your blood pressure level, including other health issues that it does to you.
Factors Leads to High Blood Pressure Are:
- Blood Pressure:
- When your body’s normal blood pressure is high, it is called elevated blood pressure. People with this type of blood pressure which is higher than the normal range are prone to develop high blood pressure or chronic high blood pressure which is long-lasting.
- People with a blood pressure which lies between 120/80 mmHg and 129/80 mmHg, are prone to develop high blood pressure because they have elevated blood pressure.
- High sugar level (Diabetes):
- Do you know that every 6 people out of 10 people, who are diabetic, also have a high blood pressure problem. Therefore, it is important to keep your high blood pressure in control and focus on your diet to not develop diabetes.
- You can also consult your doctor to get a diet chart on what the things you need to eat and whatnot.
Things that You Can do to Control the High Risk of High Blood Pressure Are:
Make the following changes in your lifestyle:
- Changes in your diet, stop eating foods with high sodium content, anything with more cholesterol tries to avoid.
- Get your doctor’s help to understand what foods are best for you.
- Go for a morning walk or do running.
- Do yoga and meditate. This will help you remain calm and compose.
- Avoid junk food for sure, this is complete, ‘NO.’
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol.
- Try to be active in some sort of sports, this will not only reduce but also keep you active and fit.
- Keep a check on your BMI (Body Mass Index)
One of the best things about following these steps is that healthy behavior can help to tackle health issues much faster.