Before we start with the article whether women get kidney stones or not, read this carefully, Kidney stones pain, when a kidney stone is passing. It can be so extreme it comes next to a labor and childbirth pain.
As per Dr Kirtly Jones from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Utah Health Care, Kidney stones symptoms among women are increasing.
Formation of Kidney Stones:
- Kidney stones are usually made of hard crystal bits and these crystal bits further grow in the kidney stones.
- Kidney stones are also made of minerals that are filtered by our kidney like calcium.
- Kidney stones are small in size like a pea but you might not feel that way.
- In the initial stage when kidney stones are growing you might not see any symptoms but when the stones start moving in the ureter, they might get stuck and then this leads to extreme pain called renal colic.
- Renal colic is an intermittent pain (severe) which develops when the kidney stones start moving in your pelvis, down the bladder. The pain starts in your back or side.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones:
- Pain in the backside of your belly or side.
- Burning or pain during urination.
- More frequents urge to urinate.
- Blood during urination.
- Chills or fever.
- Smelly or cloudy urine.
- Vomiting or nausea.
- A small amount of urine at a time.
Men or women, who are more prone to get kidney stones?
- Kidney stones are becoming more common among women in the United States.
- Firstly, kidney stones problem was seen more prevalent in middle age men compared to than middle-aged women but now it is becoming more common among women.
- If a person has kidney stones once, there are 50 per cent chances of getting another.
- Kidney stones happen once in lifetime among one in ten men compared to one in twelve women.
- Kidney stones are made of different types of minerals but one of the most common kidney stones are made of calcium.
Factors Which Leads To Kidney Stones Among Women
- The reason that kidney stones are getting Overweight and obesity, high-level of sodium intake, excess sugar intake in your food and diabetes.
- The risk of kidney stones in women has increased over the period of the past 30 years, and as per recent studies also the risk of kidney stones among women seems high.
- In a study by women’s health initiative on 82,000 post-menopausal women, females with a high level of fruits, vegetables, fiber and low-sugar intake did not get kidney stones.
- However, it is seen that women who get kidney stones once, didn’t able to reduce their risk of getting kidney stones again, even after followed a better diet like high fiber, fruits, vegetable and low-sugar diet.
Preventive Steps for Kidney Stones
- You need to stop eating these or lower your intake of, processed foods, canned foods, salty snack, bottled salad dressings, or high sodium intake.
- Rise of the above-mentioned foods tends to rise in obesity and excessive fats if you reduce the intake of these foods you can easily develop healthy food habits.
- Eat fiber, more fiber like raw fruits, not those market juices, and eat green vegetables.
- Avoid pizzas, yeah it’s difficult for you but try to have it once a while because pizzas are made of salty processed sauce, salty crust and salty cheese.
- Drink an adequate amount of liquid every day.
- Do not obtain excessive weight; try to maintain a healthy weight with a healthy diet.
This blog is for all the women who love pizzas or junk food and do not have proper nutrition on a daily basis, you’ll regret sooner or later. So, sisters, you need to stop eating that junk because if you don’t want to deliver kidney stones.