Cervical pain problems have become prevalent in adults and therefore, it is important for people to be aware of this problem and things that can be helpful to treat or prevent cervical pain. Therefore, today we will discuss some of the foods that you should have and avoid in case you are suffering from cervical pain.
What causes cervical pain?
This condition occurs because of spondylosis or osteoarthritis. In the cervical, the bone structure, discs, and joints are connected to your neck and the overall posture of the body. This condition also occurs due to the natural wear and tear of cartilage and bones in people.
The treatment of cervical pain depends on the severity of your condition. However, exercise and treatment are also a primary part of cervical pain treatment. But, if you want to speed up your recovery, then you should also focus on your food. Foods can play a vital role if you want to improve your recovery and therefore in this blog, we will guide you on how you can improve your cervical condition with the help of foods.
5 Foods you should add to your diet in Cervical Pain:
- Magnesium-rich foods: Magnesium is an essential nutrient that is even recommended by the doctor to improve skeletal and bone health. If you are deficient in magnesium, you will face health problems like muscles soreness, neck pain and tension in your muscles. The reason you should consume magnesium-rich foods is that this nutrient helps to contract and relax your muscles. Foods that are rich in magnesium are whole grains, vegetables, fruits, soy, beans and nuts.
- Water plays a vital role: Hydration is one of the simple ways to keep your system healthy. Lack of water can cause muscles pain because when your body lacks enough fluids, this can affect your nerve functions and hamper the normal muscles.
- Foods rich in fiber and antioxidants: Foods that are rich in fiber and antioxidants are good for people who are suffering from cervical pain. Having food with powerful antioxidants contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the inflammation in your muscles and nerve and reduce pain.
- Vitamin d and calcium-rich foods: One of the important things you can do to prevent cervical problems is to keep your bones healthy. Therefore, having foods that are rich in vitamin d and calcium are essential in your diet. An adult needs 1000 to 1500 mg of vitamin D and nearly 00 to 800 IU daily to fulfil the daily requirement of calcium and vitamin D.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Try toad foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like flax seeds, fishes like sardines, mackerel and salmon because this will help you reduce the inflammatory chemicals in the body. You can also include green leafy vegetables, and walnuts to get omega-3 fatty acids from non-vegetarian sources. This can be helpful in reducing cervical pain and improving your health.
Foods to avoid in Cervical Pain:
- Avoid foods that are highly inflammatory to reduce cervical pain. Foods that contain arachidonic acids and saturated fats like meat and dairy products can cause inflammation in your system.
- Avoid foods like high-fat dairy products because such foods can also cause inflammation.
- Reduce the intake of processed and packed foods because such foods contain all sort of preservation, saturated fats that can cause inflammation and has no nutritional value.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol and quit smoking because alcohol causes loss of magnesium and calcium in your body and on the other side smoking causes bone damage.
So, with the help of this blog, we wanted to make you understand the importance of the food you consume on a daily basis. Foods can play a vital role in improving or worsening your health condition. Therefore, adding foods based on your health condition can immensely improve your health and reduce your recovery period as well.
If you are someone who is suffering from cervical pain, try to avoid foods that can trigger your pain or make it worse. Instead, add foods that are high in nutritional value and even better if you consult your doctor before you make changes to your diet because your doctor can suggest you a diet plan and medications based on your cervical condition. People who are suffering from cervical pain should definitely keep their food habits healthy and add foods that are rich in anti-inflammatory properties to improve muscle and bone health. Such foods also help to reduce pain.
Nature has given you so many gifts in the form of fruits and vegetables, it is up to you how you can use these simple foods to improve your health and keep your body and mind in a healthy state. No matter how much money you make, your health should always be your priority. So when you eat, be thankful for the meal you have on your plate and try to see food as a dose of nutrition that you need to live a healthy and active life.