On the auspicious day of Navratri, where so many devotees fast for 9 days, it is even better to enjoy your fast with super healthy food options. The purpose of fasting is more spiritual and religious, but what it does to our system is something that we should be aware of. While fasting also, it is better to have foods for immunity and keep your health in check.
Fasting should not weaken your system, but it should a way to Detox your system. The 9 days fasting is an amazing way to flush out all the toxins from your system and introducing healthy, light and nourishing foods for immunity and proper nourishment.
Benefits of Fasting:
1. Fasting helps to treat inflammation problem.
2. Fasting helps to maintain and reduce blood sugar level.
3. Fasting is great for people who want to reduce excess fat.
4. Fasting helps to increase your metabolism rate because you consume fewer calories.
5. Fasting also promotes the secretion of growth hormones, and these hormones further help to improve metabolism, muscle strength, and weight loss.
6. Fasting also helps to maintain and reduce the high cholesterol level, high blood pressure level, and triglycerides levels.
7. Fasting is also a great way to prevent severe health issues like cancer.
8. Fasting is also great to improve brain functioning and preventing the danger of Neurodegenerative Disorders.
9. Fasting also delays and improve the effect of ageing.
Now when you know the benefits of fasting, it is time to discuss some of the best foods for the immune system and foods that are nourishing and light at the same time.
Best Foods for Immunity System During Navratri:
1. Fox Nut (Makhana):
These are some of the best foods for immunity because fox nuts are rich in protein and fibre and that makes these nuts filling and healthy options during fasting. Fox nuts are great for people who want to add low calorie and high nutrition type of foods during their fasting period. Also, fox nuts are amazing to detox your system and one of the best foods for immunity.
2. Dry Fruits:
These are also great foods for immunity and nourishment during Navratri fasts. You can simply consume dry fruits in raw form or add some roasted nuts to your simple light vegetables. Some nuts options like pistachios, almonds, cashew, raisins, dates and walnuts are amazing sources of good fats, essential nutrients, vitamin E that prevent you from bacteria.
3. Fresh green seasonal veggies:
You should definitely add green vegetables to your diet while you are fasting because green vegetables are full of antioxidants, vitamins like K, C and iron and all these nutrients amazing to get the proper nourishment. Some of the best foods for immunity during Navratri fast or at any point of time are bitter gourd, spinach, broccoli, bottle gourd, cabbage, pumpkin and even ladyfinger.
4. Pumpkin soup:
There chances that you may also look for some soup option during fasting and therefore you can make pumpkin soup at home. Pumpkin soup comes under some of the best foods for immune system, because when while preparing this soup you also add some effective herbs like turmeric and ginger to enhance the effectiveness of this soup. These additional ingredients make this soup a bowl of nourishment.
5. Water chestnut flour (Singhara atta):
This flour is popularly used to prepare Indian flatbread (roti or puri), cheela or paratha during the fasting period. The reason this flour is one of the most amazing foods for immunity because water chestnut flour helps to detox your system. Also, consuming this type of flour is good during summers because this flour has cooling properties. Water chestnut flour provides high protein that is a must during the time when many people are not consuming meat or eggs.6. Samak Rice: If you are looking for foods that are high in fibre so that you feel filling for a long time then Samak rice is a great option for you. You can have Samak rice with some vegetables or you can make kheer (sweet pudding), pulao by adding vegetables in it and whatever you like. Samak rice also helps to increases the process of detoxification and great for digestion.