You must have heard about this that having one apple a day can keep you away from doctor which simply means that apple can be helpful to prevent various health problems. This information related to apple first was first coined in 1913.
However, as per studies eating a lot of apple does not mean that you do not have to go to a doctor it just means that apples help to prevent you from various health-problems. And, this might reduces the numbers of visits you make to a doctor.
So, today in this blog we will discuss about the benefits of having apples. And, why it is so beneficial for our health?
Benefits of Having Apples:
1. Loaded with nutrition, if you are someone who wants to have vitamins, minerals, fibre, and antioxidants having apple is a good option. Apples include most of the essential nutrients that has various health benefits.
2. Nutrition value:
|Vitamin C||9% of the Daily Value (DV)|
|Copper||5% of the DV|
|Potassium||4% of the DV|
|Vitamin K||3% of the DV|
Apples are also a good source of antioxidants like caffeic, epicatechin, and quercetin. These antioxidants in the apples are amazing to kill the free radicals and prevent the ill-effect of free radicals.
- Apples are amazing to improve heart health, to reduce the risk related to chronic heart diseases. As per some studies having more fresh fruits and vegetables including apples helped them to lower the risk related to some serious problems like a stroke.
- Apples are great for people who are suffering from high blood pressure problem because apple contains soluble fibre that helps to reduce the cholesterol level in your system and this further helps to maintain blood pressure level.
- There so many beneficial compounds in apples like flavonoids and antioxidants that are helpful to prevent cancer. As per some studies, having apples can reduce the risk of lungs, colon, stomach esophagus and colorectal cancer.
More Benefits of Having Apples Every Day are:
- If you are someone who wants to reduce excess body fat, then apples can be helpful for you. The high fibre content in apples helps to feel full for long hours, and you end up making healthy foods choices.
- Having more fruits are helpful to improve bone mineral density. Adding more raw fruits also prevent the risk of osteoporosis.
- According to the studies done on animals, apples are helpful to protect you from mental decline, oxidative stress and signs of ageing.
- People who are suffering from asthma should also add apples to their diet to reduce the risk of asthma.
- People who are diabetic should consume one apple every day because this could be beneficial to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by up to 28%.
So, now you know why apples are so beneficial for your health. It is not important to have loads of apple everyday just make sure you have one every day. Being consistent helps you more than just having six to seven apples in a day.
Today, people are filling their stomach with loads of foods that are higher at calorie level, but the nutrition level is not even close to what an average person needs to stay fit and healthy.
Therefore, it is even more important to have more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. There is always an option to have fruits instead of having junk food when you are outside, but most people choose low nutrition over high nutrition.
And, the biggest mistake people make is they eat right when they become sick, you need to understand that you need to eat right even when you are healthy. You need to take care of your system to prevent health problems.
Anything in excess can be harmful and therefore, eating healthy food in a limited quantity, at the right time along with the right food is what you need to keep in mind.
Other Fruits and Vegetables for More Nutrition:
In case you want to add more nutrition and looking for alternatives to get more nutrition, you can also add these fruits and vegetables to your meal. Simply, you do not have to completely depend upon apples, you can also get nutrition from other fruits and vegetables.
It is best to have seasonal fruits and vegetables to get the maximum nutrition, along with the good quality of fruits and vegetables.