At the time of world pandemic when most of the medical experts and researchers are indulged to make an antivirus or a vaccine to fight coronavirus or COVID-19.
Ayurveda has stepped at the upfront to help people across the country and all over the world, to understand the power of herbs and daily use food essential to use as a shield to fight COVID-19.
Here we are going to share all the measures for self-care and to build the natural defence system of your body, to maintain good immunity at the time of COVID-19.
Here are the day-to-day measures to follow:
1. In the morning you need to drink warm water on a daily basis.
2. Practice Yogsana on a daily basis for a minimum of 30 minutes like,
3. Basic spices which are essential ingredients that we use massively in our Indian cooking, like
- Turmeric (Haldi)
- Coriander (Dhaniya)
- Cumin (Jeera)
- Garlic (Lahsun)
You need to increases the use of these spices and ingredients in your daily cooking.
Ayurveda To Boost Your Immunity!
Here are the measures to boost your immunity to fight COVID-19:
1. Chyavanprash – Consume 10gm tablespoon of Chyavanprash in the morning time.
This is recommended for people with no diabetes problem if you want to follow the same you need to use a sugar-free Chyavanprash.
2. Make a herbal tea or decoction (Kadha) by using the following ingredients like,
- Dalchini (Cinnamon)
- Tulsi (Basil)
- Kali Mirch (Black Pepper)
- Munakka (Raisin)
- Shunthi (Dry Ginger)
You can also add lemon or jaggery to enhance the taste of your herbal tea or decoction.
Note: SureShot Ayurveda expert has shared a similar form of Kadha in our YouTube video to fight Coronavirus and to boost your immunity.
The video was published on February 3rd on Coronavirus Ayurvedic Treatment: Symptoms And How To Prevent Viral Infection? (Click Here) And, now The Ministry of AYUSH has also recommended nearly similar ingredients.
3. Milk – Heat the milk (150ml) and then add half tablespoon of Haldi (Turmeric) powder in it,
Drink this once or twice in a day.
Simple Ayurvedic Procedures with the help of oils!
1. Oil Pulling Therapy –
- Take (1tsf) of coconut oil or sesame oil in your mouth.
- Swish it properly for at least 2 to 3 minutes. (Do not drink it)
- After 2 to 3 minutes of swishing, spit it off and rinse with warm water.
- You can follow this therapy once or twice a day.
2. Nasal Application Therapy:
This therapy is known as Pratimarsh Nasya. In this, you need to apply some coconut or sesame oil in both the nostrils.
- Do this in the morning and evening time.
What to do during sore throat or dry cough?
1. If you are having a dry cough and sore throat problem then you can use Mint (Pudina) leaves or Caraway seeds (Ajwain).
Add Pudina or Ajwain into the hot burning water and then use this water as a steam inhalation to get relief.
2. Mix natural sugar like jaggery or honey with Clove (Lavang) powder. Take this 2 to 3 times a day. You’ll get relief from the dry cough and sore throat or irritation.
3. Though these measures are really useful to treat a sore throat or dry cough. But still, it is best to consult a doctor if you see such symptoms persisting for more time.
4. These measures are effective and beneficial and can be followed up to an extent based on an individual’s convenience.
Here is the list of one of the most prominent Vaidyas from across the country:
These procedures have been shared by these prominent Vaidyas to boost your immunity against infections and to keep you strong during COVID-19 crisis.
1. Padma Shri Vaidya P R Krishnakumar, Coimbatore
2. Padma Bhushan Vaidya Devendra Triguna, Delhi
3. Vaidya P M Varier, Kottakkal
4. Vaidya Jayant Devpujari, Nagpur
5. Vaidya Vinay Velankar, Thane
6. Vaidya B S Prasad, Belgaum
7. Padma Shri Vaidya Gurdeep Singh, Jamnagar
8. Acharya Balkrishna ji, Haridwar
9. Vaidya M S Baghel, Jaipur
10.Vaidya R B Dwivedi, Hardoi UP
11.Vaidya K N Dwivedi, Varanasi
12.Vaidya Rakesh Sharma, Chandigarh
13.Vaidya Abichal Chattopadhyay, Kolkata
14.Vaidya Tanuja Nesari, Delhi
15.Vaidya Sanjeev Sharma, Jaipur
16.Vaidya Anup Thakar, Jamnagar
Note: As per the Ministry of AYUSH – The above advisory does not claim to be a treatment for COVID 19.
Ayurvedic treatments, its various methods and measures are based on the concept of “Dinacharya” which means the “Daily regimes and “Ritucharya” to maintain a healthy life.
Ayurveda means the science of life, which helps sand propagates to maintain a healthy lifestyle to live healthily. If a person is aware of the daily regime and follows it willingly, it helps to boost immunity and to be ready to fight any type of mental or physical health issues.