The journey from being a baby to becoming an adult a lot of things changed in our system but our eyes remain the same. Some say it is the way to look at what is going inside a person or how happy a person is.
Our eyes are the reason we can see this beautiful world and therefore it is important to take care of these precious eyes. And today we will share some of the best ways to take care of your eyes in Ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, we can use some “Ayurvedic home remedies for weak eyesight“. The Pitta Dosha is mainly responsible for the health of our eyes. Pitta Dosha is known to absorb colors, and images we want to see and also control our eyes.
If Pitta Dosha is balanced then the health of our eyes is also good, your eyes see clearly and radiant. In case the Pitta Dosha is imbalanced, you will face health problems like impotence, liver issues, and unnecessary anger.
If you want to control the damage, it is advisable to balance the Pitta Dosha with the help of daily meditation and food. Also, you can use some of the Ayurvedic medicine for eye vision improvement.
Some of the Effective Ways to Maintain Eye Health
These techniques are offered by Ayurveda to keep your eyes healthy, by reducing strain and by improving your eyesight.
- Subsoil Tarpanam: This treatment is helpful to reduce eye strain that happens due to excessive use of electronic gadgets and stress. In this treatment, special warm oil is prepared and then poured over the eye sockets to reduce that excessive strain and maintain eye health.
Pros of Netra Trapanam:
This treatment is helpful to reduce the irritation, itching of eyes and to treat dry eyes and impaired vision. But this treatment is not for people with infectious eye or cataracts.
- Tratak: This treatment is a type of exercise to improve eye health and tackle eye problems. In this, the person meditates in a candle flame without blinking for 2 to 3 minutes. One need to meditate like this until their eyes get teary. When you do this exercise, this helps to clear your eyes.
- Sunbathing: This is one of the best Ayurvedic home Remedies for Weak Eyesight. As per Ayurveda sun plays a vital role to improve our eyesight because the sun rules our eyes. That’s why a lot of old people still stare at the sun, early in the morning just after the sunrise.
You do not have to do this at noon, do this just after this sunrise for minimum 10 seconds if you are a beginner. This will help to activate the pineal gland and improve your eyesight. To get maximum benefits you can stand barefoot on soil, sand, grass, and natural floor. You can do this when just after the sunrise or during sunset else, you will harm your eyes with those harmful UV rays.
- Nasam, Nasyam: This treatment is helpful to treat problems related to throat, eyes and nose.In this treatment, one needs to sniff some of the beneficial herbal oils, powders and juices through the nose. This treatment is useful for eye care ad pain management.
Other benefits related to this treatment
- This treatment helps to reduce stress because when a person sniffs natural oil this further help to stimulate the important brain centers that regulate emotions.
- A person who is regularly doing this treatment will notice the improvement in his/her skin health. This asana helps to prevent grey hair and improves hair texture.
- This treatment is helpful to prevent health issues connected to ageing like arthritis, pain, paralysis and stress.
- Padabhyanga: This is another Ayurvedic treatment to balance the three Doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha)to relax and clarify your mind. This treatment includes foot massage with some beneficial herbal oils to stimulate some points to improve health and prevent you from pain, paralysis, stress, stomach related problems, and bad immunity.
Other benefits related to Padabhyanga asana are:
– This asana is helpful to improve blood circulation, vision, mood and mental health.
– This asana helps to stimulate some specific points during the foot massage that improve vision.
– This asana is helpful to improve fever, flu and cold.
Let’s discuss some of the foods that are really helpful to improve eye health and to give you healthy eyesight. These foods contain all those nutrients that are helpful to improve eye health.
Ayurvedic Diet to Improve Eye Health
– Consume grapes and apples every day to improve vision, and to reduce dark circles.
– Consume some beneficial hydrating vegetables like cucumber. You can eat this or drink cucumber juice.
– You can add carrots and spinach more in your food because spinach help to improve haemoglobin level and carrots are rich in Vitamin -A, helps to improve vision naturally.
– Other foods that are rich in Vitamin – A are tomatoes, soy, peas, oranges, dates, lettuce, and beetroot.
– Blueberries are also helpful to improve eye health.
– To enhance your eyesight and to reduce mental stress almonds works really well.
And we will discuss some of the natural herbs to improve your eye health in Ayurveda. You can use these herbs at home for good eye vision.
Top 4 Ayurvedic herbs to improve eye vision:
- Ginkgo Biloba
Now, when you know what are the things and treatment, you can follow to improve your eye health. But you should also know, what are the things you need to avoid to maintain our eyes health and to prevent damage?
7 Things You need to Avoid as per Ayurveda for Better Eye Health:
- Do not consume excessively salty and spicy foods.
- Do not consume unhealthy drinks (carbonated drinks) and alcohol.
- Avoid eating too late at night.
- Avoid swimming in cold water when the weather is too hot, this can lead to a sudden change in temperature and cause trouble for your health.
- Sometimes excessive crying also leads to eye-related problems.
- Do not sleep on a too low or too high pillow.
- Try to balance your mind and body in a way that helps you control excessive grief and anger.