PCOD stands for polycystic ovarian disease that has affected a large number of women worldwide. PCOD is a common problem seen in women, especially youngsters of age 15 to 28. It is a disease caused due to abnormality in the female reproductive systems. When women’s reproductive system fails to behave normally, it triggers many severe symptoms. The symptoms might be alarming sometimes and should not be ignored.
Here we will talk about PCOD as many women are still unaware of the sickness of PCOD. We will also focus on the proper PCOD treatment so that the correct information and sufficient knowledge are infused among women.
What is PCOD?
PCOD is a disease affecting women’s menstruation by releasing multiple eggs. Let us learn about this procedure in depth.
So, every month women’s ovaries tend to release an egg simultaneously. If the egg released by the ovary is not fertilized, it later causes periods in women when shedding takes place. But if a woman has PCOD, then there are possibilities of multiple eggs released by the ovary. This means that the reproductive system of a woman is not functioning normally. The multiple eggs released by the ovary are immature or partially mature. The eggs later form cysts in the body due to the increase in the level of male hormones.
How Ayurvedic Medication cures PCOD?
There is no single cure for PCOD in modern science. One needs to improve the lifestyle along with the recommended medication. But it has been found that Ayurveda has a proven effect in controlling the symptoms of PCOD.
Ayurvedic science recommends various herbs that help to soothe the signs of PCOD. Many famous herbs like Ashwagandha, Manjistha, Shatavari, and Turmeric help differently. Similarly, Ayurveda has many medicines for women to treat PCOD.
Not just medication, Ayurveda also heals the disease by suggesting proper diet, yoga and other therapies. The treatment helps in:
- Purifying blood.
- Strengthens the reproductive system.
- Improving mental health.
- Changing the way to live.
Symptoms of PCOD:
The following are the symptoms that should not be overlooked. If you are facing these symptoms, there are chances of PCOD. In such cases, it is recommended to go for the diagnosis. One must come to any conclusion after going through body checkups. The symptoms are as follows:
- A common symptom is irregular periods or delayed periods.
- Acne on the face, back or chest.
- Loss of hair or even baldness.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Skin darkening.
- Hair growth is found on the face.
- Periods causing excessive bleeding.
- Insomnia or lack of sleep.
Manage your Symptoms with Ayurveda:
The imbalance in hormones triggers various symptoms in the body of the female. Ayurveda aims at providing a solution that would not just provide relief from the symptoms but also makes your mind healthy. We will talk about how each ayurvedic practices help you fight your disease:
- PCOD treatment includes ayurvedic medication that will help to subdue your symptoms. Not just this, the treatment aims at regulating the menstrual cycle. The proper treatment makes your body healthy by purifying your blood.
- Ayurvedic practices also recommend exercises like yoga and other meditation. The treatment will focus on providing benefits for a longer time.
- There is also a need to bring change in the lifestyle. Practicing healthy habits will bring a visible change in your life. We will cover the lifestyle changes topic in the next section.
Causes of PCOD:
Healthcare professionals have not yet found one leading cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. However, it is believed that the common causes of PCOD are:
- Practicing an unhealthy lifestyle. A lot of people are chronic to consuming alcohol and smoking these days. Also, eating healthy food is the leading cause of many diseases today.
- A weak immune system is another reason for women dealing with PCOD.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Some women carry PCOD as a hereditary disease.
Changes to bring in lifestyle:
As discussed above, Ayurveda also recommends changing the lifestyle along with medication.
- Stay hydrated: Drink as much water as you can. Water helps to remove toxins from your body and purifies it completely.
- Yoga & Meditation: Including meditation in your routine will help to boost your mental health and reduce anxiety and depression.
- Healthy diet: Healthy food habits will suppress the symptoms of PCOD.
- Exercise: Walking, swimming and running are exercises that will help you fight the disease.
A proper diet along with medication is recommended to any patient. For PCOD, there are a few food items that help in making your reproductive system strong. Also, many food items help reduce acne and grow your hair. So, let us see the dietary plan for females with PCOD:
- Say no to sugar. It is advisable to avoid artificial sweeteners and processed food items, as people with PCOD are at a higher risk of getting diabetes.
- Eat whole grains, green vegetables and lots of fruits.
- Include sprouts, dry fruits and desi ghee in your breakfast.
- Eat less salt.
- Introduce a low-carb diet to your food-consuming routine. A low-carb diet includes fish, eggs, meat etc.
- Don’t forget to drink water when following the above diet.
As Ayurveda helps to cure your disease, one must not lose hope or increase stress if you have PCOD. Women healthily live with this disease by a healthy lifestyle and managing their symptoms. If you are a young girl, then you must discuss the problem with an older person and should not be misled by wrong information.