Sarvangasana has many benefits this asana is means “whole body part” which means that this yoga asana covers the entire body. The word Sarvagasana has derived from the Sanskrit language.
Before we discuss the “Sarvangasana benefits“, you must understand the correct way of practising Sarvangasana.
Sarvangasana Steps & Health Benefits
– First, you need to lie down on your back and then join your legs together. Bring your body to a relax mode.
– Then keep your palm on the floor.
– Then, try to press your palm against the ground and try to raise both your legs upwards towards the ceiling at 90-degree angle.
– After this you need to raise your legs and neck up into the vertical position, you can also take the support of and by touching your chin to the chest.
– While practising this asana you need to keep you must breathe gently.
– Try to maintain this posture for a minimum one to three minutes.
– You can repeat this asana for two to three times.
These Sarvangasana procedures or say Sarvangasana steps will help you to practise this asana correctly without making any mistakes. It is necessary to practise Sarvangasana correctly because if you do not follow Sarvangasana procedures, this may lead to injuries, and this is the last thing you would like to do.
So, read to above Sarvangasana procedures carefully to prevent any types of injuries or wrong postures.
In case you are a beginner, then you can take the help of a yoga expert and do these it in three simples ways step by steps.
– First, lie down straight on your back on a yoga mat and then bring your knees close to your chest.
– Activate your core and then rock your pelvis and legs upwards. Keep on lifting until your bum has also lifted upwards towards the ceiling. Use your hands to hold and to give support to your lower back.
– After this, bring your elbows in the inward direction towards each other and then raise your legs straight upwards towards the ceiling.
Now, when you know how to do Sarvangasana for beginners, you must be thinking that is it. But there is one more thing you need to know, is how to come back to the starting position after doing the above mentioned three steps, and if the question is how to do sarvangasana for beginners? Then, there are chances that people who are doing this for the first might injure them while coming back to the starting position.
Follow these steps and safely come back to the starting position:
1. While your legs are lifted upwards towards the sky, bring one knee down at a time towards your head.
2. Slide your hands down from the lower back towards the bum, and this will help you gently bring down the upper body. Make sure you bring one vertebra at a time until you are back to the starting position.
And, now when you are well aware of the correct way or steps of Sarvangasana, let’s discuss the “Sarvangasana Yoga Benefits” which helps to improve the overall health of your body.
Sarvangasana Benefits :
- Sarvangasana helps to increase blood circulation.
- It helps to improve the digestive system.
- Sarvangasana helps to cure back pain and also strengthen your back.
- Sarvangasana helps to cure sexual disorder and this also enhances the functioning of sex organs.
- Sarvangasana helps to enhance the resistance power of your body.
- Sarvangasana improves the functioning of the reproductive organ in both men and women.
- A person who practices Sarvangasana on a regular basis will get weight loss benefits as well.
- Sarvangasana not only corrects the improper functioning of the pancreas but also balance the blood sugar level.
- One of the most amazing Sarvangasana benefits to helps to cure sleep disorders and encourage a deep restful sleep.
- Sarvangasana benefits to cures the thyroid problem.
- Sarvangasana also enhances the functioning of the digestive system.
- Sarvangasana is helpful for people who are suffering from headaches. Do not try this asana at a time when you are experiencing a headache.
- Sarvangasana also improves the functioning of the ovaries.
- Sarvangasana helps to increase the functioning of the reproductive organs.
- Sarvangasana helps to maintain a natural glow on your face and prevent dark circles.
You can get all these Yoga benefits if you practise Sarvangasana every day. But there are some precautions that one must know if they want to practise Sarvangasana.
Sarvangasana Precautions :
- People who are suffering from thyroid, heart disease, eye problem or blood pressure should not practise Sarvangasana.
- Females who are pregnant should not perform Sarvangasana during their pregnancy period.
- Who are interested in performing the Sarvangasana should perform it an empty stomach.
- Females should not practise Sarvangasana during their periods.
- If you are a beginner or suffering from any other health problem you must consult a doctor first.
We hope the above “Sarvangasana Benefits” are helpful for you and you are going to add Sarvangasana in your daily routine. If you know how to practise step by step, you are aware of the benefits of Sarvangasana and precautions you would able to achieve the maximum benefits from this asana.
After reading this blog, you have the opportunity to know the benefits of Sarvangasana and precautions, and this helps you to prevent injuries and to be able to practise this asana without making any mistakes.
One thing that you need to be sure is that if you are aware of the benefits of Sarvangasana and precautions you can do this asana in a much easier way.