Many people who like fasting generally consume makhanas during their fast, but these fox nuts are amazing for your health and consuming it more often is beneficial for you. Makhanas is also known as lotus seeds and fox nuts, and these are great snacks, especially when you feel like eating something after a few hours of lunch or in the evening.
The reason makhanas are great for you because these fox nuts are rich in potassium, manganese, protein, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Also, makhanas are filling and you do not feel the urge to eat again once you have fox nuts.
People who want to lose weight and look for healthy snack options should be aware of the benefits of makhanas. Lotus nuts are low in calories and rich in calcium, which is good for bone health.
You should also know the benefits of makhana for the skin because makhana helps to flush out the toxins, normalise blood pressure level and improve digestion.
Here are the 7 Benefits of Makhanas:
1. Cognitive Function: This might sound unfamiliar but makhanas help to improve your cognitive function. When you eat makhanas, this also helps to generate acetylcholine. The acetylcholine further helps your system to contribute to the process of neurotransmission.
2. Helps to lose weight: If you want to lose weight, then adding fox nuts to your diet is a great idea. Fox nuts are rich in protein, fibre, along with other essential nutrients that keep you full for a long time. This prevents you from eating unhealthy foods, and you do not have to worry about losing calories. Also, these fox nuts are low in saturated fat that even better for people who want to lose excess fat.
3. Good for heart health: As we mentioned earlier in this blog that fox nuts are rich in magnesium and the amount of sodium is low, which is an idol to tackle the high blood pressure problem. People who are suffering from hypertension should definitely consume fox nuts. These nuts not only improve high blood pressure but also improve the oxygen and blood level in your body.
4. Improve blood sugar level: People who suffer from high blood sugar levels should definitely know the benefits of makhanas for diabetes. Makhanas are low in glycemic index, which means having these fox nuts would not raise your blood sugar level. Also, these fox nuts are rich in carbohydrates, magnesium, protein and low in sodium that helps to maintain diabetes and prevent obesity.
5. Better digestion: Do you often face digestion problems? Then, adding fox nuts to your diet can be helpful. The benefits of makhana also include better digestion. The high fibre content in makhanas helps to ease bowel movement.
6. Increase bone strength: As we know, calcium is an important nutrient for our bones and fox nuts have enough calcium in them. Having a fist full of makhanas every day will keep your bones strong. Also, people who are lactose intolerant can add makhanas as a daily snack that will provide a decent amount of calcium.
7. Delay ageing: You must have tried many anti-ageing creams, serums and lotion, but what works best is the foods we eat. Yes, healthy food choices might not show instant results, but for long-term benefits, you should definitely add foods like fox nuts to your diet. The benefits of makhanas for skin are not hidden from anybody. These fox nuts are rich in antioxidants that are great for skin health.
If you want to gain the maximum benefits of makhanas, then it is best to have it raw. Do not fry makhanas and you will definitely gain maximum nutrients from these amazing healthy nuts.