People think medicines are the solution for everything, but there is one more way to stop ailments in the first place, and the simple solution to these problems are the foods you eat every day.
Today, the topic is related to the best foods for eye health and health tips for eyes. The wonderful world wouldn’t be as wonderful if we were not gifted with these amazing eyes. There is no better lens than our own eyes.
Therefore, taking foods that are good for your eyes, and using some useful health tips for eye is one step forward to keep your eyes healthy. Foods, that can reduce and prevent the declining health of your eyesight due to eyestrain, ageing, and lack of nutrition or foods for healthy eyes.
According to the AREDS – Age-Related Eye Disease there are certain nutrients that can prevent age-related decline in eye health up to 25% and those nutrients are vitamin C, vitamin E, copper, beta carotene and zinc.
As per other studies, there are certain combinations that are beneficial for eye health like lutein, omega-3 fatty acids (including DHA), zeaxanthin, and copper.
Today, we will share some of the best foods that are good for your eyes and health tips for eyes. Also, we will share some don’ts that will help you prevent your eyes from any risk.
Best Foods for Healthy Eyes:
1. Dry fruits and legumes:
Dry fruits contain healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids and not only this, you will get vitamin-E that one of the essential nutrients found in foods for healthy eyes.
We can easily find nuts at a general store or online, and because of the health benefits, these are one of the best foods that are good for your eyes. Other foods for healthy eyes are brazil nuts, lentils, cashews, walnuts, and peanuts.
2. Sour or citrus fruits:
These types of foods are good for your eyes because they contain essential vitamins like vitamin E, vitamin C these vitamins are not only good for eyes but overall health. Here are some foods for healthy eyes: oranges, grapefruits, guava and lemons.
People who are non-vegetarian and like to have non-veg food, they can surely go for fish because fish is one of the most beneficial foods for healthy eyes. Fish is a good source of omega–3 fatty acids. Foods for healthy eyes are sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel, salmon, herring, and anchovies.
As per some studies, fish oil is helpful for a dry eye problem, mainly happen because of spending too much time on a cell phone, laptop or computer screen.
Seeds rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin-E sources like legumes and dry fruits are good for eye health. Seeds that are good for eye health are chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flaxseeds.
These seeds are easily available on the online grocery store or at any general grocery store.
5. Leafy green vegetables:
Green leafy vegetables are not only good for your health, but these type foods are one of the best foods for eye health. Green veggies contain zeaxanthin, Vitamin C, and lutein, and these nutrients are really good for eyes health.
Foods for healthy eyes are spinach, collards, and kale.
6. Sweet potatoes:
The reason sweet potatoes are one of the best foods that are good for your eyes because they contain beta carotene, vitamin E and full of antioxidants and these ingredients are beneficial for eye health. So, both sweet potatoes and carrots are the best foods for healthy eyes.
If you drink enough water and keep yourself hydrated, this helps you get rid of dry eyes problem and also prevent dehydration. Having an adequate amount of fluids in our body helps our organs to work on to their optimum level.
Eggs are known to be one of the best foods for eye health because eggs are a good source of zeaxanthin, zinc, vitamins E and C, and lutein.
Here are some health tips for the eyes:
- If you want to protect your eyes than it is best to stop smoking.
- Wear sunglasses whenever you go outside because excessive heat and sun exposure can cause damage to cataracts.
- Go for regular eye checkups and examinations, especially if you have a family history related to weak eyes.
- Whenever you are working with dangerous chemicals and eye irritants make sure you are covering your eyes with eye protection glasses.
- Do not forget to wash your hands before you touch or wear your eye lenses. Also, never even think of sharing your contact lenses with others.
- Do not wear contact lenses for more than the recommended period by the doctor or the lens manufacturer.
- If you are working on a laptop or computer screen, take a break in every 20 minutes and look somewhere else away for 20 seconds.
- If you eat too much sugar reduce the quantity or go for healthy alternatives like fruits and jaggery because diabetes is one of the leading causes of blindness or declining eye health.
- If you go to the doctor for monthly checkups, this will help your doctor to detect the early damaging or problem related to your eyes, and this way the chances of preventing any serious eye-related problem will reduce.
A little activeness and awareness can be really helpful to prevent you from doing anything that can lead to the declining of your eye health.