If you are irritated and annoyed with excess dandruff and you want to get rid of dandruff, it is time to change your hair game forever.
The reasons you scalp become so dry in winter because it does not get the necessary moisture to stay hydrated instead of becoming flaky. Also, in winter people do not drink enough water to stay hydrated and this leads to dry skin and you can see the exact dryness on your scalp as well.
The question you are looking for is how to get rid of dandruff? And what is the cause of dandruff? So, today we will share some major causes of dandruff, and after knowing these causes, you can easily get rid of dandruff.
One of the most common issue people face during dandruff is hair fall. But what is dandruff and how you can get rid of dandruff by understanding the cause of dandruff?
In medical term, dandruff is called seborrheic dermatitis. This condition is linked to dandruff flakes with your scalp. Most people think dandruff occurs on your scalp only, but it can occur on your eyelids, nose, eyebrows, chest, ears, and your face.
When it comes to babies, we use the term cradle cap instead of seborrheic dermatitis. To find the best dandruff cure, you just need to understand the cause of dandruff if you understand this, you can easily get rid of your dandruff problem.
Causes of Dandruff:
- When you are suffering from dandruff, you face itchy scalp and flaky scalp, and this cause irritation and discomfort.
- The irregular immune system also results in a flaky scalp.
- Excess production of Malassezia (it is a yeast, and it is found in oil secretion), when yeast produced in access, this can make your skin or say scalp more dry and flaky because Malassezia likes the moisture and warmth of your scalp under the hair.
- When Malassezia grows under the hair, this leads to itchiness, dandruff, redness and inflammation of the scalp.
- Another thing that leads to dandruff is allergic contact dermatitis this condition, also leads to itching, flaky skin, itchy rash on scalp and dandruff.
- Other conditions, like psoriasis and eczema, also lead to dandruff.
Methods to Get Rid of Dandruff:
- Hair shampoo with salicylic acid: Hair shampoos that contain salicylic acids are helpful to decrease the flaky scalp. There are some products available that are mild for your scalp and do not contain any harsh chemicals.
- Hair shampoo with selenium sulfide: This types of shampoos are helpful to tackle the flaky skin and dandruff because selenium sulfide contains agents that help to reduce dandruff. In case you have coloured your hair, this type of shampoos can lead to discolouration.
- Hair shampoo with ketoconazole: This type of shampoo is helpful to kills yeast that causes dandruff in your scalp. You can use this type of shampoo once or two times a week depending upon your dandruff.
- Hair shampoo with zinc pyrithione shampoo: This type of shampoo contains antifungal and antibacterial properties. Both these ingredients help to reduce dandruff related problems.
- Hair shampoo with coal tar: This type of shampoo contains ingredients that are good to reduce the flake off process. People who cannot use bear sunlight should avoid this type of shampoo because this shampoo contains ingredients that can make your skin even more sensitive to sunlight and it may also lead to discolouration, in case you have lighter colour hair.
- Hair shampoo with tree tea oil: This type of shampoo is helpful to treat problems like ringworm, dandruff and athlete’s foot. It is advisable to not use tree tea oil alone because in some cases this can harm your skin/scalp.
- Boost your scalp with moisture: You can use hydrating oils, hair masks, homemade hair masks to give your scalp that moisture it is lacking. Also, drinking an adequate amount of water even in winters is helpful to keep you hydrated and reduce the dryness of your skin and scalp.
In case you want to make a shampoo 100% herbal shampoo with no chemicals, you can follow these steps.
100% herbal shampoo for daily usage: No chemicals–No side-effects
Step 1. Buy a packet of Reetha (Chinaberry) peel online or you can also buy from an Ayurvedic store.
Step 2. Soak 2 cups of reetha peel with 4 cups of water overnight.
Step 3. Then, boil this water in the morning until the liquid remains half.
Step 4. Then leave this water to come at room temperature.
Step 5. Then mix the entire mixture well with the help your hands.
Step 6. Strain this mixture into a bottle or a jar and then use this 100% pure, chemical-free herbal shampoo to wash your hair.
No other shampoo is better than this one. So many companies are selling overpriced shampoos made of such ingredients and making a profit out of it. You do not have to spend so much money when you can easily make homemade herbal shampoos that work amazing for your hair growth and health.
This shampoo will help you get rid of dandruff, maintain natural shine in your hair, make your hair strong and healthy.