It is best to have seasonal fruits and vegetables. You must have heard this in so many health blogs or from nutritionists as well. Guess what? It is true and good for your health. Having fruits or vegetables in their peak season gives you more nutrients and you also get fresh quality fruits and vegetables.
Therefore, today we will talk our one of the most delicious fruit of this season, Sharifa, also known as the custard apple. This is the peak season of Sharifa and you can easily get it because you might see this on every second fruit stall.
You can have Sharifa in its raw form or you can also prepare various other things like ice cream, cakes, halwa, kheer and basundhi. If you bought unripe Sharifa, do not get disappointed because Sharifa ripen overnight and you can easily eat it in the morning or the afternoon.
If you never had Sharifa before, this is the time to try it because you might not feel like having it from outside but from inside it is soft, sweet and filled with various health benefits. Many people know the benefits of having fruits in their peak season, but they still ignore having them. This is the autumn season, and this is the peak time of custard apple.
Let’s figure out the reasons to have Sharifa this season. People who dislike and who love Sharifa both should know about these health benefits of Sharifa and various reasons to try custard apple this season.
Nutritional Value of Sharifa (Custard Apple) per 100 grams:
- Total Fat 0.3 g: 0%
- Saturated fat 0 g: 0%
- Cholesterol 0 mg: 0%
- Sodium 9 mg: 0%
- Potassium 247 mg: 7%
- Total Carbohydrate 24 g: 8%
- Dietary fiber 4.4 g: 17%
- Protein 2.1 g: 4%
- Vitamin C: 60%
- Calcium: 2%
- Iron: 3%
- Vitamin B6: 10%
- Cobalamin: 0%
- Magnesium: 5%
Sitaphal is rich in magnesium and calcium, which is good for strong and healthy bones. Custard apple is also beneficial to get rid of bloating because it contains vitamin B6 that helps to treat premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and bloating as well.
People who are diabetic and suffering from high blood pressure problems should have custard apple because this fruit is rich in dietary fibre that helps to maintain blood pressure levels and reduce the risk of diabetes.
Health Benefits of having Sharifa:
- Helps to improve your metabolism and immunity.
- Sharifa is also good for your heart and eye health.
- Helps to maintain blood pressure level.
- Reduce the risk of diabetes.
- The bioactive molecule helps to prevent cancer and obesity.
- Helps to treat indigestion.
- Rich-in anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps to prevent acidity and ulcers.
- The micronutrients in Sharifa help to get smooth skin; no need to apply foundation.
- Good for your brain health.
- Helps to improve haemoglobin levels.
One of the most important things you need to understand is to understand the role of fructose and fibre. Fruits contain fructose, but it does not raise your blood sugar level easily, and that happens because of the fibre in the fruits. Fibre does not release glucose at once. It takes time and does it slowly, which helps to not spike your blood sugar levels.
So, stop degrading fruits by saying that too many sweet fruits raise your blood sugar level because fructose does not raise blood sugar easily.
Things you should know before having a fruit:
- Do not eat fruit right after your meal.
- Do not have fruit along with your meal.
- Do not have multiple fruits, have one fruit at a time.
- Morning time is the best time to have fruits.
- Have fruits when you feel hungry and make sure you maintain a gap of one to two hours after having your meal.
- Have the entire fruit in its raw form do not make juice because you will lose maximum nutrition in this process.
We hope you try this amazing fruit this season to get all the benefits you deserve. Do not forget to wash your fruits properly before you consume them.