Aam, this is not just a word, but it is a feeling for many of us, filled with so many summer memories. The taste and smell can remind you of things that are hidden under the layer of the past. It is like a blow on some dusty book cover. Suddenly you can see the story you read years ago.
Mangoes are one of the most popular fruits not just in India but all over the globe. However, India is the largest producer of mangoes in the world. No doubt, mangoes are known as the ‘king of all fruits.’
This is because of the lip-smacking taste, smell and availability. You can easily get mangoes all over the places and the taste and smell of mangoes are irresistible.
The fan following of delicious mangoes was up to a level that the mangoes (source of nutrition) and taste were added in Mughlai kebabs to add tenderness.
Before Emperor Shah Jahan, mangoes grafting were allowed to the royal patronage only. But, then Emperor Shah Jahan lifted the limitations on this rule and then mangoes were aam to the public. (pun intended)
Let’s discover the benefits of mangoes to further forward it to people who do not like mangoes (what a boring taste).
Amazing Health Benefits of the Mangoes:
1. Good for digestion: Mangoes are great for digestion because the enzymes in mangoes help to break down the fibre and protein in a much more effective way that improves digestion. Also, the dietary fibre in the mangoes helps to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart-related problems.
2. Good for your gut: As we all know, a healthy gut is a key to a healthy body. The prebiotic dietary fibre in mangoes helps to promote good bacteria in your gut. If your digestion is not good adding seasonal fruits are good. Mangoes are also good to improve metabolism, IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome), asthma and various other health problems.
3. Good for immunity: An average size mango has two-third of the vitamin-c we need on a daily basis. Also, mangoes are a great source of antioxidants that helps to prevent cold, flu and boost your immunity. So, you get good immunity, good skin and prevention from health problems.
4. Good for eye health: Mangoes are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin-A. The powerful antioxidants in mangoes can be helpful to improve your eye health and vision, and also prevent you from age-related macular degeneration. If you are suffering from loss of vision, adding mangoes to your diet can be helpful. Some other fruits and vegetables are helpful too. The pectin in mangoes is helpful to regulate bad cholesterol levels.
5. Good for skin: Mangoes are filled with the goodness of vitamins like A, C and powerful antioxidants. And these nutrients are good for your skin health. Having mangoes helps to clean your gut and flush out the toxins that also help to improve skin health.
You just need to make sure that you eat mangoes in moderation. No matter how much healthy, nutritious food you eat, have it in moderation.
Even diabetic people who can consume mangoes (obviously in moderation) do not completely resist having mangoes but have it in moderation. The glycemic index of mangoes lies between 50 to 60. And, low glycemic foods are safe for diabetic people because then the sugar does not spike.