It can be really annoying when you know that your skin is suffering due to Melasma (dark patches) but you are not able to find a treatment to cure Melasma (Dark patches) problem.
- What is Melasma (Dark patches)?
- What are the symptoms of Melasma?
- What are the causes of Melasma?
- What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Melasma on the face?
- What are the home remedies to treat Melasma?
- How to prevent Melasma?
1. What is Melasma (Dark patches)?
- Melanin also comes from ‘melas,’ and melas is a Greek word for cholas or black, from the word geen-ish and it is also called chloasma.
- Melasma is a skin issue which can happen due to various reasons, but some of the prominent reasons can be due to hormonal changes during pregnancy or due to sun exposure.
- This does not mean that Melasma does not bother men, is just women are more prone to develop Melasma symptoms.
- Mainly the dark patches due to Melasma problem appear on the foreheads, nose, cheeks and chin.
- It is also seen that women get rid of Melasma (dark spots) after their pregnancy and even when they stop taking contraceptive pills.
- Another reason is the usage of skin lightening creams which may cause Melasma (dark spots)
- Melasma happens due to the production of excess melanin. Melanin is our skin pigment.
2. What are the symptoms of Melasma?
Melasma patient suffers from dark brownish-coloured patches on the face.
Here are the areas where you can see such brownish patches because of Melasma:
- Your forehead.
- The bridge of the nose.
- Your cheeks
- Your chin
3. What are the causes of Melasma?
There can be other reason or causes of Melasma, but here are some prominent reasons like:
- Too much of UV exposure on your skin may lead to Melasma.
- Imbalance of hormones in your body may lead to Melasma.
- If you are taking birth control pills, this may also lead to Melasma.
- In case you are pregnant, and your body is going through some hormonal changes, such cases may also lead to Melasma.
Melasma is also referred to as a ‘mask of pregnancy,’ because Melasma symptoms are prevalent to appear when you are expecting a baby.
4. What is the Ayurvedic treatment for Melasma?
- If you need a treatment to treat dark patches on your face, then Ayurvedic herbal face pack for Melasma can play a vital role to heal your skin without causing any further chemical reaction due to harsh products.
- In Ayurveda, they use essential herbs which control the damage like skin pigmentation leads to Melasma symptoms like Manjistha.
- Manjistha is a herb which helps to purify your blood and increase blood circulation, this herb is mainly used for all types of skin-related problems.
- And like Manjistha there are other essential herbs which will help you to achieve healthy, clear skin.
- SureShot Ayurveda provides “Ayurvedic treatment for Melasma” on the face to treat some of the most prevalent skin problems like pimples and Melasma.
- And to treat Melasma we use 100% natural herbal face pack with no added-chemical or side effects to treat Melasma (dark spots).
- Along with the herbal powder we also give herbal powder for daily consumption.
- Once you start using SureShot herbal face pack and herbal powder to treat Melasma you will not be disappointed with the result.
- Our SureShot team will also suggest you avoid some of the foods for faster healing and to improve your overall health.
5. What are the home remedies to treat Melasma?
- Apply aloe vera gel on your skin. But if you are using fresh aloe vera gel straight from your garden, then do not forget to remove the yellow colour like liquid from it. And only use the gel inside the aloe leaf after cutting the edges properly.
- Green tea is one is the most powerful anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. So drink green tea every day.
- Mulberry is helpful to stop the tyrosinase activity. It also helps to stop the formation of melanin in melanocytes and melanin transfer to the upper layer of our skin.
- Turmeric has an active ingredient named as curcumin. Curcumin is a yellow pigment which helps to stimulate apoptosis in melanoma cells.
- Soybean, yes it also helpful for your skin, though it is a legume, it has many biologically active substance like serine protease inhibitors and isoflavone. These active substances help to stop the transfer of melanosomes.
6. How to prevent Melasma?
Here are some natural treatments of Melasma:
1. Use sunscreen to prevent “Melasma symptoms“, one must use sunscreen every day before going out in the sun.
A sunscreen of SPF 30 helps your skin to prevent from UV-A and UV-B rays.
And, if possible try to apply sunscreen every two hours once you step outside your home.
2. You can also wear cotton clothes covering most of your exposed skin in the sun, use a broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses to protect your eyes and hair both.
3. It is advisable to avoid waxing on the areas which are directly exposed to sun rays, or you can also try waxing on Sundays or on days when you don’t have to leave the house.
Waxing can lead to skin inflammation, which can make the Melasma problem even worse.
And therefore it is important to avoid waxing areas that are already affected by the condition.
You can also talk to your dermatologist for the best advice regarding the same and try using other methods for hair removal.
4. Be gentle on your skin, a lot of people are too harsh while washing their face which is not necessary because this can make your Melasma problem even worse.
If you want to keep your skin healthy and want to keep the essential natural oil on your skin for glowing skin, then you need to stop rubbing your face.
Do not use harsh products or a lot of products. Just eat healthily and use the herbal paste to achieve maximum benefits.
Do not try random experiments on your skin, ask your skin care specialist and then go for things that are advisable by the skin expert.
Skin is a reflection to your overall health and keeping your overall health in check can sort a lot of skin-related issues and if not, you can always ask SureShot team to you out with your skin related problem like pimples and Melasma (dark patches) on your face.