The health benefits of almonds enormous but it is also used in so many types of foods as we use it in Kheer, ice cream toppings, almond milk and almonds are also used in so many flavoured drinks and shakes.
The uses of almond differ from the dishes you are preparing like in some Indian cuisine almonds are used to add richness to the gravy and give a rich taste to the dish.
Almonds are one of the most satisfying nuts, with so many health benefits that it should be consumed daily in a limited amount to get the maximum health benefits of almonds.
Health Benefits of Almonds and Facts:
It is not important to have an endless number of almonds every day just the right amount of almonds daily will give you all the needed benefits of eating almonds.
- Almonds are boost with rich fibre, protein and nutrients.
- Second health benefits of almonds are that it helps to decrease the risk of cholesterol.
- Third health benefits of almonds are that it helps to regulate blood sugar level.
- Fourth health benefits of almonds are it helps to treat diarrhoea, problems in swallowing, nausea and shortness in breath.
- Almonds are known as one of the best brain foods for the children.
- If we go back to past 3000 to 2000 BC in Jordan, almonds are known to be the oldest domesticates tress from the Almond trees are the oldest domesticated trees.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin–E which makes them powerful enough to be stored in a refrigerator for 2 years.
Other Health Benefits of Almonds:
- Regulate blood sugar: The first benefits of eating almonds are that it helps to stabilize and regulate the blood sugar levels. Almonds are rich in magnesium and therefore this helps people with type 2 diabetes should consume almonds daily because almonds help to stabilize their blood sugar levels. This will help the type 2 diabetic patient to develop insulin resistance that happens because of the high amount of magnesium in almonds.
2. Reduce cholesterol level: People who are suffering from bad cholesterol level should know the benefits of eating almonds. Having almonds daily is beneficial for health because almonds are rich in vitamin–E, and this vitamin helps to reduce the risk of bad cholesterol level. When the vitamin–E mix with your bloodstream it helps to form antioxidants. These antioxidants help to stop the cells clogging that lead to cholesterol.
3. Rich source of antioxidants: Do you know why almonds benefits for skin are so popular? Because almonds are rich in antioxidants and vitamin-E and both are really good for your skin. Another reason where almonds work amazingly is stress. When a person is stressed, this leads to the ageing, inflammation and cancer because of the molecule damage. Therefore, having almonds every day can help to get rid of the stress because almonds are a rich source of antioxidants, and this shows almonds benefits for skin and overall health.
4. Amazing source of Vitamin E: Vitamin –E rich almonds help your cells from getting toxins with the help of the antioxidants and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. When vitamin-E goes into your bloodstreams this reduces the risk of developing any heart disease and cancer. If you want to get the health benefits of almonds to try to consume daily but in a limited quantity because anything in access leads to damage.
5. Improve eye health: Health benefits of almonds include our eyes as well because almonds are rich in Vitamin-E that works as a shield to prevent the abnormal changes to your lens and maintain your eye health. It is better to consume almonds in a limited amount because an excess amount of almond can lead to weight gain.
6. What inside almonds? The reason almonds are popularly consumed for the health benefits of almonds. Almonds are a source of so many essential nutrients, like 28 grams of almonds have:
– 3.5 gram of fibre.
– 37% of Vitamin-E.
– 6 grams of protein.
– 32% of manganese.
– 37% of magnesium.
– 14 grams of fat.
– 20% of magnesium.
Almonds also contain vitamin B12, copper and digestive carbohydrates. You should also know that the United States is the largest producer of almonds in the world.
7. Good for skin: The amazing almonds benefits for skin and the uses of almonds for skin are not unknown because almonds are used in so many skin products. Almonds contain flavonoids are also found in broccoli and green tea. The flavonoids are helpful to nourish your skin, and the anti-ageing properties help to reduce the skin-ageing.
8. Boost your brainpower: Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine that help in the growth of your brain cells. Therefore, people consume soaked almonds as first things in the morning to get the health benefits of almonds.
9. Prevent cancer: The fibre content in almonds goes through your digestive system smoothly, and it also helps to Detox your system. Health Benefits of Almonds also prevent the risk of colon cancer, and breast cancer because almonds are also rich in flavonoids and Vitamin-E.
10. Reduce stretch marks: Almonds benefits for skin are not limited to smooth healthy hair and skin, but almond oil works amazingly for people who want to get rid of their stretch marks. Just heat almond oil and then apply on the stretch marks area at night or day. You can do this at night because you need to leave it like this for hours. For better results, you can apply this twice a day.
Risks factors related to Almonds:
As we said earlier in this blog, consuming things in excess can be harmful to you and this statement goes with almonds. No doubt the health benefits of almonds are amazing. But if you consume more than the needed quantity, you may face the following problems like:
- Severe itching.
- Shortness in breath.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
Note: In case you are allergic to almonds, then you should not consume almonds; avoid any further complications.