Kidney stones are known as “Mutrashmari,” in Ayurveda. And this problem is prevalent among many people in India.
According to the medical experts, kidney stones symptoms develop due to lack of liquid intake. And, therefore, it is recommended to drink an adequate amount of water in a day, a max of 8 to 10 glasses of water will prevent you from developing kidney stone symptoms.
But, it is also important to know the type of your kidney stones, so you know what type of foods are beneficial for you and what types of food you should avoid. You just need to make some changes in your diet, and you will get rid of kidney stones.
Foods You Should Avoid Based on Your Kidney Stone Type:
Calcium oxalate stones:
- Green Leafy Vegetables
There is only one condition in this that is advised by medical professionals is to drink enough water.
Calcium Phosphate Stones:
- Reduce your sodium intake.
- Do not eat canned foods
- Do not eat packed foods or junk food like pizzas, burgers, and french fries.
- Avoid animal protein like all types of dairy products and meat.
- Try to consume plant-based protein like legumes, lentils, sunflower seeds, nuts and dried peas.
Uric Acid Stone:
- Do not consume meat.
- People who eat meat are at high risk of developing kidney stones compared to vegetarian people.
Once you eat the right food and get the best treatment for kidney stones. It is possible that you will get rid of kidney stones problem forever.
You just need to follow the proper diet and drink plenty of water, along with the best treatment for kidney stones problem.